Username
Password

Album Review - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 125.
01:26 PM on 06/10/13
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
the vocals are better than most of the shitty pop punk bands this websites users fawn over.
All I can hear is noise that detracts the amazing instrumentation. Would probably enjoy this a lot without them.

They are awful. Would take those so called shitty pop punk bands vocals over these any day.
01:32 PM on 06/10/13
CellarGhosts
cellarghosts.tumblr.com
User Info.
All I can hear is noise that detracts the amazing instrumentation. Would probably enjoy this a lot without them.

They are awful. Would take those so called shitty pop punk bands vocals over these any day.
Then you know absolutely nothing about heavy music and should probably just stick to your shitty pop punk music.
01:33 PM on 06/10/13
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
I listened to this for the first time yesterday and was blown away.
01:38 PM on 06/10/13
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
Then you know absolutely nothing about heavy music and should probably just stick to your shitty pop punk music.
Gotta love the irony of the "pop punk sucks" attitude...
01:41 PM on 06/10/13
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
explain to me this "irony"
01:43 PM on 06/10/13
StepsInADance
http://taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com/
User Info.
Absolutely love the record, not sure about 100% but you do you man.
01:44 PM on 06/10/13
StepsInADance
http://taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com/
User Info.
what irony?
01:52 PM on 06/10/13
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
explain to me this "irony"
There's good and bad in every genre. The "pop punk sucks" argument is silly. It's simple music, but that's exactly what it intends to be. Intrinsically, complexity means nothing, imo.

Some people try to be open-minded and then end up not being. It's like a left wing extremist condemning a right wing extremist. Vice versa.
01:56 PM on 06/10/13
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Bon Iver, Bon Iver (the only other I've given a perfect score to) and Kanye's last album
Yeah, that Bon Iver s/t is incredible. I wasn't really a big fan before then. I have Kanye's last one but I never super got into it. I'll have to give it a few more spins.
01:57 PM on 06/10/13
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
Anyway, I like the sound of this band a lot. The thing is, for me, the vocals don't add anything to / don't even fit the music.

It's not because I can't understand them all. Let's take MBV's as an example. While I don't get most of them, they are perfect for the dreamy ambience.
02:29 PM on 06/10/13
blebbio
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Or he just liked it that much and you're thinking too hard about that number over there. Jesus guys.
exactly he was basing the scores on how much he liked it. i think a review should be more than just a personal reflection on how the music moved you. personal preference should not determine the whole score and course of the review. since personal attatchment varies between each person it is useless in scoring the album. however there are some factors that remain true regardless of who is listening. a record should be examined by what went into not solely what one person takes out of it. factors like creativity, complexity, skill, and authenticity should be what a review is based around. there is no exact way of determining those factors but i think there clearly is difference between recordings that can be noticed. aps rating system is designed to force the reviewer to view the record objectively. clearly he just put in all 10s because he liked it not because its what it actually deserved. my favorite records or the records which i would call 10s in terms of personal attatchement are far from 10s if i were to review them.
02:45 PM on 06/10/13
shwaz499
User Info.

The vocals are a texture. It's really an instrumental album. I think the way he screams adds a beautiful element to the music. It makes it a bit less easy to listen to, sure, but thats the point. They create a discomfort that makes the songs so moving.
03:10 PM on 06/10/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
The vocals are a texture. It's really an instrumental album. I think the way he screams adds a beautiful element to the music. It makes it a bit less easy to listen to, sure, but thats the point. They create a discomfort that makes the songs so moving.

I like the texture the vocals add in certain sections, but there are other parts where I could have done without them/with them a bit less muddy.

I'm not a fan of whatever this genre is, but this album is fantastic. Truly a one of a kind album that sounds just like its artwork looks. Thanks for the recommendation drew, it's been a favorite of mine for sunset drives.
03:47 PM on 06/10/13
WakingTheMisery
<3
User Info.
The vocals on this are painstaking at times.
03:53 PM on 06/10/13
choice-of-fate
Groezrock represent.
User Info.
I like your writing Drew, but this review is not my cup of tea. Every review is biased, but pushing it this way goes a step too far for me.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests