Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
04:03 PM on 06/10/13
Alison1488
____
User Info.
I'm going to this show at the Cincinnati date. I'm excited to see I The Mighty play as well. Does anyone know how easy it is to meet Max? Like does he hang out around the merch table or anything?
On the last Say Anything tour, I PAID to meet Max, and he seemed like he wanted to be anywhere but meeting fans, but when he performed, it was like I was watching a different man than the guy I met a mere hour earlier. I get it, he's socially awkward, but during a meet and greet, put down your phone and actually talk to the fans who put more money in your pocket to meet you. That said, I love the shit out of Max Bemis, but it kind of ruined him for me.

Other than that, the show is always amazing.
06:51 PM on 06/11/13
Alison1488
____
User Info.
I'm so sorry to hear that. That would've destroyed me if I were you. Maybe it's better if I don't meet him because if I were to meet him and he acted like that, it would kill me. I, myself, am bipolar and experienced a lot of things that Max did so he's definitely a hero to me and it would suck if he acted to me that way.
I am a HUGE Max Bemis fan, so this meet & greet was a dream come true. I realized I wouldn't be able to have an hour long conversation with him or anything like that, but it was so apparent he didn't want to be doing it. With his social anxieties, I don't understand why he would open himself up to a meet & greet situation in the first place. His band members were awesome, though, and made up for the disappointment he created, so for that, I am grateful the entire band wasn't a dud.

But, that's the price you pay. It's almost a better idea to not meet your idols, just in case they don't live up to the mythos you've created in your head. Sometimes, your perception is better than the real deal.
10:17 AM on 07/09/14
Alison1488
____
User Info.
Sounds like we met a completely different Max Bemis!

I ran into him before a show in Philly, and he was just casually walking down the street with food and a bag of comic books. I interrupted his stroll, and he shot the shit with me for like 5 minutes. Badass moment in my life, haha.
I'm glad to hear you had such a pleasant experience. I wish I had. I idolize this man, and he really disappointed me. The other band members were very engaging, but Max was incredibly stand-offish. You can even see in my picture with him that he's holding his cell phone. He literally was texting between every person that was working their way down the line, and would only look up to take the photo. I will continue to love him and the band, but I have since second-guessed meeting bands/musicians I love. Sometimes the dream is better than the reality.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos