Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
07:55 AM on 06/12/13
Ryan Gardner
@RyanGardnerC
User Info.
Loved the record. Reminded me of Floral Green. The review kind of makes it sound like you didn't really give much attention to the record. Just kind of sounds like you didn't really care with the review, especially by ending the review with "Yeah, all roads point forward from here." I usually enjoy your reviews, but this one doesn't look like there was much care put into it.

Just some constructive criticism, I guess. My apologies if I offend.
I found this record to be oddly hard for me to review since I couldn't really like...place all the songs/their influences. I feel like the songs are very dense and contain pop-punk at points while also incorporating some hardcore influences in the same song, so it made it really hard for me to write about it. The record is great, but it was hard for me to describe due to all of the different styles blended into one. I've listened to it a good 20 times since having it and spin it daily cause I really enjoy it, but in all honesty, it was very hard to write about due to all that, so I suppose the review suffers. Not to mention, the whole album is pretty much the length of an EP time-wise, with each song only being under 3 minutes, so obviously the review wasn't going to be super long.
11:28 AM on 06/12/13
Ryan Gardner
@RyanGardnerC
User Info.
Not trying to be rude, but...that sounds pretty easy to write about. You can review something without citing influences. It' called critiquing whats infront of you, not whats around you.
I understand that, which is why I have many times and why that part - reviewing something citing influences - was a VERY small part of that explanation and in no reason the full reason as to why I had difficultly. Read the rest of my paragraph and not just the first sentence.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests