Username
Password
Kanye West News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Kanye West
Inside AP.net

The New York Times Interview Kanye

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (06/11/13)
The New York Times have posted one of the first interviews with Kanye West in quite some time. It's a career spanning piece that even touches on Kanye's personal life and family. You can check out the quotable masterpiece here.
I think you got to make your case. Seventh grade, I wanted to be on the basketball team. I didn’t get on the team, so that summer I practiced. I was on the summer league. My team won the championship; I was the point guard. And then when I went for eighth grade, I practiced and I hit every free throw, every layup, and the next day I looked on this chart, and my name wasn’t on it. I asked the coach what’s up, and they were like, “You’re just not on it.” I was like, “But I hit every shot.” The next year — I was on the junior team when I was a freshman, that’s how good I was. But I wasn’t on my eighth-grade team, because some coach — some Grammy, some reviewer, some fashion person, some blah blah blah — they’re all the same as that coach. Where I didn’t feel that I had a position in eighth grade to scream and say, “Because I hit every one of my shots, I deserve to be on this team!” I’m letting it out on everybody who doesn’t want to give me my credit.

Yeah — you put me on the team. So I’m going to use my platform to tell people that they’re not being fair. Anytime I’ve had a big thing that’s ever pierced and cut across the Internet, it was a fight for justice. Justice. And when you say justice, it doesn’t have to be war. Justice could just be clearing a path for people to dream properly. It could be clearing a path to make it fair within the arena that I play. You know, if Michael Jordan can scream at the refs, me as Kanye West, as the Michael Jordan of music, can go and say, “This is wrong.”

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 149.
09:31 PM on 06/11/13
Slangster
Knowshon's tears = my spirit animal
User Info.
Such a good interview.
09:36 PM on 06/11/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Excited to read this
09:42 PM on 06/11/13
The Summer Ends
COYS
User Info.
Quote:
You know, if Michael Jordan can scream at the refs, me as Kanye West, as the Michael Jordan of music, can go and say, “This is wrong.”

well somebody thinks highly of himself
09:44 PM on 06/11/13
bandnamexmyname
&^%^&
User Info.
This has to be the greatest thing I've ever read.
10:04 PM on 06/11/13
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
10:12 PM on 06/11/13
almightykingdom
auri cupiditatem
User Info.
Quote:
I will be the leader of a company that ends up being worth billions of dollars, because I got the answers. I understand culture. I am the nucleus.

Great read. Will be interested in hearing this minimalist approach he has shifted towards. It is hard to imagine where he will evolve to next.
10:15 PM on 06/11/13
RonStoppable
yeezy season approachin
User Info.
Great read. Would do ridiculous things just to talk to him for an hour.
jwicklun
Never forget.
User Info.
Good lord, he never disappoints.
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Great read. I can't fathom being Kanye West.
10:19 PM on 06/11/13
RonStoppable
yeezy season approachin
User Info.
"I'm assuming I have the most Grammys of anyone my age, but I never won one against a white person."

Really interesting, gonna look into that.
10:27 PM on 06/11/13
seventwenty3
User Info.
absolutekanye.net
10:34 PM on 06/11/13
KarlAnthonyyy
I am selfish it seems
User Info.
He totally does, but after reading that interview, I think rightfully so. He has done so much for music. This interview boosted the respect I have for him, which was already extremely high.
10:44 PM on 06/11/13
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
Good read. I wonder if his thoughts at his most chilled out time (like right before falling asleep) is the same as whatever he said in the article. You know, the slightly overzealous stuff.

And lol at all these people in the comment section of this Yahoo article: http://news.yahoo.com/kanye-west-nuc...034138390.html
10:45 PM on 06/11/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
hahahaha
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates