Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 34.
10:33 AM on 06/12/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
What happened to the whole video deal? Weren't they gonna do vids for every song or something? I know this single is selling well but it seems to me like they're really killing the momentum they had building. Young Volcanoes is such a better song, but my tastes don't really reflect the popular mainstream, so I guess if My Songs is still selling alot, just keep beating it into the ground? Idk lol.
10:50 AM on 06/12/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What happened to the whole video deal? Weren't they gonna do vids for every song or something? I know this single is selling well but it seems to me like they're really killing the momentum they had building. Young Volcanoes is such a better song, but my tastes don't really reflect the popular mainstream, so I guess if My Songs is still selling alot, just keep beating it into the ground? Idk lol.

No, they're still playing the song that's STILL doing well because its still doing well. You all forget the real world outside of this tiny site in the mainstream is still listening; and still maybe haven't heard it. It's not time to push another single until the one you have out starts falling out. They still have their momentum, clearly, or their song wouldn't still be climbing.
11:00 AM on 06/12/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
No, they're still playing the song that's STILL doing well because its still doing well. You all forget the real world outside of this tiny site in the mainstream is still listening; and still maybe haven't heard it. It's not time to push another single until the one you have out starts falling out. They still have their momentum, clearly, or their song wouldn't still be climbing.

Stop addressing everybody like they're idiots man. It's a long ass cycle for one single, that's a fact. Especially considering how fast they put out videos for My Songs, Phoenix and Young Volcanoes. And as others have said there are other songs on there that feel like they're perfectly suited for summer. My Songs is EVERYWHERE, on commercials, tv promos, bumper music. If somebody hasn't heard it, they're living under a rock.
11:06 AM on 06/12/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Stop addressing everybody like they're idiots man. It's a long ass cycle for one single, that's a fact. Especially considering how fast they put out videos for My Songs, Phoenix and Young Volcanoes. And as others have said there are other songs on there that feel like they're perfectly suited for summer. My Songs is EVERYWHERE, on commercials, tv promos, bumper music. If somebody hasn't heard it, they're living under a rock.

15 weeks isn't a really long single cycle in mainstream music though... When your song is still climbing and still being successful, you don't just jump ship. Honestly, the kids on AP don't know how any of it works. There's a ton of marketing and time spent here. They will release another single soon, but they'll wait until this one has finished it's cycle.

The videos have zero bearing; they're doing one for every song.
11:23 AM on 06/12/13
mondaybest
nothing is sacred
User Info.
UnderMyDreams acts like he's a god or some shit. "The kids on ap don't know how it works" what do you think I do all day dude? I have to listen to the goddamn radio all day at work and "My Songs..." is on literally every half hour. So dont tell me people havent heard the song. That song premiered 4 months ago already (thats about 17ish weeks) and its time to move on from it.
11:57 AM on 06/12/13
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
Who was the dude in the red pants? I don't watch the Voice so I have no idea.
12:40 PM on 06/12/13
KeyofCrime
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think that many people who watch "the voice" aren't really people who listen to the radio. My mom for example, knows who Fall Out boy is...but likely had NOT heard "My songs know.." Until last night. I don't think the voice would be a good time to debut a new single. Save that for Fallon or something...
UnderMyDreams acts like he's a god or some shit. "The kids on ap don't know how it works" what do you think I do all day dude? I have to listen to the goddamn radio all day at work and "My Songs..." is on literally every half hour. So dont tell me people havent heard the song. That song premiered 4 months ago already (thats about 17ish weeks) and its time to move on from it.
01:09 PM on 06/12/13
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
Patrick sounded sick.
02:25 PM on 06/12/13
WhaleSnake
User Info.
Is that Paul Fifer on stage?
thats box of frogs from the league
02:51 PM on 06/12/13
atticus18244fss
reddit.com/r/blink182
User Info.
Patrick sounded sick.
More like out of breath.
02:53 PM on 06/12/13
itaketoberlin
respect the process
User Info.
dont care for new fall out boy, but its nice to see Patrick on top of his game as far as singing goes. I hope we get another solo album from him
03:49 PM on 06/12/13
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
I really, really wish they would start playing "The Phoenix".
04:24 PM on 06/12/13
swagofthe90s
music <3
User Info.
ugh this song again?! Usher looked super into it. please collaborate
04:43 PM on 06/12/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

People have. People haven't. Exactly my point, it's huge, why the fuck jump to a new one while its still so big? You wait. But whatever, you can act like you know the music business better than Fall Out Boy does. Lofuckingl.
07:25 PM on 06/12/13
mondaybest
nothing is sacred
User Info.
People have. People haven't. Exactly my point, it's huge, why the fuck jump to a new one while its still so big? You wait. But whatever, you can act like you know the music business better than Fall Out Boy does. Lofuckingl.
I never said I knew the music business more than the band itself. But you definitely act like you do. Lol
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums