AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 107
08:10 PM on 06/13/13
James Shotwell
User Info.
Its an interesting decision, and I respect it. But its also why ill continue to come to ap, and not bother much with utg. Ap introduced me to a lot of bands I like, even though as a whole this site seems to dislike, and I'm grateful for that. Id like to think the point is to open up people to this scene of music and show kids there's more out there then just pink and one direction. So does utg do their fans a disservice by only showing them the bands they like, when.music is such a broad and subjective to each individuals tastes? Thank goodness ap.doesn't only.talk about what's hot in pop punk and still gives fan service to the bands they do.not.personally enjoy. Because someone like me could fall in love with said band even if its for all the wrong reasons.

Ronnie is a degenerate asshole, but I still like his music. :/ so idk anymore.

Ps. Hate typing on a kindle.
Oh please don't think we solely post what we love and block everyone else out. We take suggestions from readers all the time and incorporate what is tracking well through analytics into our content. My point was that we are trying to cut back on posting about bands we and our readers have expressed mutual disdain for. The people who comment with pro-radke/fir stuff tend to never visit anything else on UTG.
08:11 PM on 06/13/13
James Shotwell
User Info.
It is a review site. So he was listening to it multiple times so he could write a review. And then wrote that editorial instead.
Well put.
09:02 PM on 06/13/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Okay.

Why the hell are you listening to an album 4+ times, and counting, I'd you think it's garbage and hate it?

Here's the thing: if you don't like it, move on. Doesn't hurt you, doesn't effect you. Some of us enjoy FIR, and so what? These bands are damn big, and the AP.net community is barely a dent in that... When it comes down to it, people hating here and bitching about Ronnie doesnt make anything happen. Theyre going to sell a lot of albums regardless of the small group of people on here.

There's plenty of bands on this site people LOVE that I think are pretty bad too. So, I just keep moving. That's the beauty of music though, we can all like something different and it's alright. Why waste so much time hating something and letting it get to you so much when it doesn't harm you in any way?

Cause the scene was a good thing until people like Ronnie started showing up and some of us still hold onto that shred of hope that if only people like Ronnie would be go the fuck away then it could start getting better again.

I was touring on Warped last year when his band was on it. Dickhead doesn't even biggen to describe this scumbag.
09:09 PM on 06/13/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Cause the scene was a good thing until people like Ronnie started showing up and some of us still hold onto that shred of hope that if only people like Ronnie would be go the fuck away then it could start getting better again.

I was touring on Warped last year when his band was on it. Dickhead doesn't even biggen to describe this scumbag.

You all know I don't hate him so I'm not going to argue that.

There's been dickheads in music FOREVER who have done some worse things and are way worse than Ronnie could ever be. Fat Mike isn't a very good dude, he was around this scene way before anyone like Ronnie. Just ignore it and move on, nothing you say here is going to hurt any album sales or effect the band. That's the reality.
09:25 PM on 06/13/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.

There's been dickheads in music FOREVER who have done some worse things and are way worse than Ronnie could ever be. Fat Mike isn't a very good dude, he was around this scene way before anyone like Ronnie. Just ignore it and move on, nothing you say here is going to hurt any album sales or effect the band. That's the reality.
You're right. Only songs like 'Bad Girls Club' and 'Game Over' will effect album sales and in a negative way.
09:28 PM on 06/13/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.

Fat Mike never beat up his girlfriend, busted a girl's face with a mic stand, or got someone killed.

Why would you think that everyone that expresses their distaste for the guy is doing so to affect his sales? Do you really believe that record sales are what make a band talented? Please say no.
09:29 PM on 06/13/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
You're right. Only songs like 'Bad Girls Club' and 'Game Over' will effect album sales and in a negative way.
09:31 PM on 06/13/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Fat Mike never beat up his girlfriend, busted a girl's face with a mic stand, or got someone killed.

Why would you think that everyone that expresses their distaste for the guy is doing so to affect his sales? Do you really believe that record sales are what make a band talented? Please say no.

Those dudes play their instruments damn well, there's certainly talent there.

Fat Mike made people drink his piss. Fuck off.
09:32 PM on 06/13/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Nope lighthearted songs won't. See his last CD.
09:35 PM on 06/13/13
jjm1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Actually, he didnt.
09:41 PM on 06/13/13
Guypineapple
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
FIR's new album has some of Radke's worst and some of his best lyrics and vocals. It's worth a listen - the good 6 songs in the album anyways.
10:16 PM on 06/13/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.

Get your facts straight. They were made to believe it was piss. He switched the bottles out and revealed the trick after the fact. While Fat Mike maybe an asshole, he doesn't pretend to be anything but. Ronnie wears this 'I'm really not that bad' crown but droves of people can testify otherwise. As for lighthearted songs, there is a huge difference between 'Good girls, bad guys' and 'bad girls club'. The latter sounds like a bad forever this sickest kids b-side and rips the bridge from 'girlfriend' by Avril lavigne off. It's embarrassing.
10:23 PM on 06/13/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.

No, Fat Mike didn't do that. You pretty much avoided everything I said. And the dudes are only decent, it's nothing impressive- certainly not from a songwriting stance. The fact that they sell albums doesn't make them talented and neither does their weak ass riffing. The Black Dahlia Murder probably sells half of what FIR does and could play that bullshit in their sleep. Yet I don't see you in TBDM threads trying to fend off any haterzzzz.

Like I said before: people hate the dude for good reason. The fact that this dude releases this fucking garbage is the only thing that separates him in your mind from any other piece of shit that beats his girlfriend. The idea that you'd support this dude after everything that he's done is a pretty huge testament to how much you think for yourself versus how much you let anyone with tattoos, a stage, and a girl's haircut tell you what to think.
11:09 PM on 06/13/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No, Fat Mike didn't do that. You pretty much avoided everything I said. And the dudes are only decent, it's nothing impressive- certainly not from a songwriting stance. The fact that they sell albums doesn't make them talented and neither does their weak ass riffing. The Black Dahlia Murder probably sells half of what FIR does and could play that bullshit in their sleep. Yet I don't see you in TBDM threads trying to fend off any haterzzzz.

Like I said before: people hate the dude for good reason. The fact that this dude releases this fucking garbage is the only thing that separates him in your mind from any other piece of shit that beats his girlfriend. The idea that you'd support this dude after everything that he's done is a pretty huge testament to how much you think for yourself versus how much you let anyone with tattoos, a stage, and a girl's haircut tell you what to think.

You let a fucking website and Internet rumors think for you. I couldn't really give a fuck about you honestly. You can kick and scream all you want; you're beating a dead horse at this point. You're not gonna stop anyone from supporting him, you're just fueling it.
11:10 PM on 06/13/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Get your facts straight. They were made to believe it was piss. He switched the bottles out and revealed the trick after the fact. While Fat Mike maybe an asshole, he doesn't pretend to be anything but. Ronnie wears this 'I'm really not that bad' crown but droves of people can testify otherwise. As for lighthearted songs, there is a huge difference between 'Good girls, bad guys' and 'bad girls club'. The latter sounds like a bad forever this sickest kids b-side and rips the bridge from 'girlfriend' by Avril lavigne off. It's embarrassing.

At least FIR play instruments on stage, unlike that band in your username...

Zing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version