Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 107
11:42 PM on 06/13/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
You let a fucking website and Internet rumors think for you. I couldn't really give a fuck about you honestly. You can kick and scream all you want; you're beating a dead horse at this point. You're not gonna stop anyone from supporting him, you're just fueling it.
http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

http://www.glendalenewspress.com/new...,4375010.story

You're right, these two newspapers probably just made these stories up because the grown men and women that work there are haterzzzz. The police and the witnesses must have been haters too. Same with his gf who called the cops on him.

And in what way do I let AP.net think for me? In the sense that I hate assholes that beat their girlfriends and disrespect everyone around them? Weirdly, I don't need a website to figure that out for myself. And, for the 3rd (maybe 4th?) time, nobody here is posting because they think their posts will magically effect album sales. They're posting because they hate this piece of shit.

My favorite part about people like you is that you need people like everyone in this thread. Maybe it's some weird form of masochism, but the only reason you stick by Ronnie (since you legitimately can't/won't give one) is solely because everyone else hates him. You get some kind of thrill by being the kid that acts like everyone else is an idiot because they hate this woman beating sack of shit. If nobody gave a fuck either way, you'd move on to the next scumbag that all the rational people hate. I have no clue how you don't feel embarrassed when you say that you like this guy and his horrible band.
11:43 PM on 06/13/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
At least FIR play instruments on stage, unlike that band in your username...

Zing.
"Why waste so much time hating something and letting it get to you so much when it doesn't harm you in any way?"
11:49 PM on 06/13/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

http://www.glendalenewspress.com/new...,4375010.story

You're right, these two newspapers probably just made these stories up because the grown men and women that work there are haterzzzz. The police and the witnesses must have been haters too. Same with his gf who called the cops on him.

And in what way do I let AP.net think for me? In the sense that I hate assholes that beat their girlfriends and disrespect everyone around them? Weirdly, I don't need a website to figure that out for myself. And, for the 3rd (maybe 4th?) time, nobody here is posting because they think their posts will magically effect album sales. They're posting because they hate this piece of shit.

My favorite part about people like you is that you need people like everyone in this thread. Maybe it's some weird form of masochism, but the only reason you stick by Ronnie (since you legitimately can't/won't give one) is solely because everyone else hates him. You get some kind of thrill by being the kid that acts like everyone else is an idiot because they hate this woman beating sack of shit. If nobody gave a fuck either way, you'd move on to the next scumbag that all the rational people hate. I have no clue how you don't feel embarrassed when you say that you like this guy and his horrible band.

I have given reasons?

A big one is he cowrote a song with my band. You just don't give a shit what my reasons for defending him are. Your assumptions are ridiculous.
12:08 AM on 06/14/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
I have given reasons?

A big one is he cowrote a song with my band. You just don't give a shit what my reasons for defending him are. Your assumptions are ridiculous.
You must have deleted them cause I'm not seeing any... Other than you think the dudes in his band are good musicians (they're not).
12:14 AM on 06/14/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You must have deleted them cause I'm not seeing any... Other than you think the dudes in his band are good musicians (they're not).

I just gave you one
12:22 AM on 06/14/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
Its an interesting decision, and I respect it. But its also why ill continue to come to ap, and not bother much with utg. Ap introduced me to a lot of bands I like, even though as a whole this site seems to dislike, and I'm grateful for that. Id like to think the point is to open up people to this scene of music and show kids there's more out there then just pink and one direction. So does utg do their fans a disservice by only showing them the bands they like, when.music is such a broad and subjective to each individuals tastes? Thank goodness ap.doesn't only.talk about what's hot in pop punk and still gives fan service to the bands they do.not.personally enjoy. Because someone like me could fall in love with said band even if its for all the wrong reasons.

Ronnie is a degenerate asshole, but I still like his music. :/ so idk anymore.

Ps. Hate typing on a kindle.
as someone who works for a music site, i prefer to only write about things i like because i want to promote the things i think other people should listen to. there are too many good things out there to worry about sharing something i personally don't like. if there's another writer on the site who likes something i'm not feeling and wants to share it, great; like you said, that's the beauty of subjectivity: everyone likes different things. if no one on staff likes something and we don't cover it, there's a good chance it's much closer to being objectively bad than other things we cover. for me, i'd much rather ignore something than completely trash it for fun or to drive traffic. this editorial takes the high road and shares music james likes instead of continuing to bash a band he dislikes.

as far as this new falling in reverse album goes, it would be really good with lyrics that were at least decent. ronnie's voice still sounds great and the band clearly knows how to play its instruments, but there's no substance and that's sad.
12:33 AM on 06/14/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Other than the fact that you go and contradict everything you say "man hating is lame blah blah blah" "your favorite bands don't play instruments, fat mike is a doucher trollolol" or whatever, I think this whole thread is pretty dumb.

"GUYS I'M GOING TO STOP TALKING ABOUT FALLING IN REVERSE NOW BECAUSE FALLING IN REVERSE ARE DICKS BUT I WONT TALK ABOUT THEM BECAUSE I DONT LIKE THEIR MUSIC BUT ITS OK CUZ WE WONT TALK ABOUT IT"

I guess that's not too bad, until you realize the post turns into a tumblr confessional rant that spends more time doing what it said it wouldn't do than anything else.

Quit making a big deal out of it and out of making it a big deal and just report the damn news like you want to. If you want to have a review of a FIR album on your website, find somebody who has a neutral opinion or who might enjoy it, there is always a Jake Denning to do things like that, that is why review staffs usually have diversified taste. Why lose potential audience because you personally don't like the music? Not supporting the guy because he is a dickhead is fine, but making it to the point that your website has an open "beef" with him is just idiotic. (see pupfresh/radke, utg/radke, Any band that gets butthurt vs. JTate., etc)

News don't have to have opinions and reviews are meant to. Sure we all know what to expect from an UTG FIR review, but that doesn't mean that's a bad thing. We all know what kind of review Rush Limbaugh would give Yeezus, but some of us might actually be interested in reading it to get a different perspective.

Does UTG actually have a niche? I honestly don't think these once a month "TMZ-esque" features do anything for anyone and clearly they are cutting down on reviews one Ronnie at a time, so it makes me wonder...
12:33 AM on 06/14/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You let a fucking website and Internet rumors think for you. I couldn't really give a fuck about you honestly. You can kick and scream all you want; you're beating a dead horse at this point. You're not gonna stop anyone from supporting him, you're just fueling it.

I fully believe that sometimes fans let the wrong things influence them - there are PLENTY of musicians that are interview trained and appear genuine, yet are anything but behind closed doors.

That said, Radke has done some PROVEN, caught on video, egregious acts. You've seen him kick people out of a venue for chanting a band name. You've seen him throw a mic stand into the audience. Top those acts off with a new rap/rock sound, and you really shouldn't be surprised for the reputation the guy has.

And what's more - this community has been forgiving, when it's deserved. When Ben Liebsch and the You, Me, and Everyone We Know craziness went down, Ben responded respectfully and salvaged his fan base by taking precautions and working on himself. Even Jonny Craig has managed to earn some respect back by successfully completing tours (though his new music is seriously lacking). Radke is yet to do anything of the sort - his interviews have been a joke, he's addressed an incredible small amount of the controversy surrounding him, and he continues to express a devil-may-care attitude.

If you want to take it back even further - DON'T HANG OUT WITH GUYS WITH GUNS, AND YOU'LL NEVER BE A SUSPECT IN A MURDER CASE. Amazing how most of America is able to do just that, and never go to jail.

So yes, I acknowledge that the guy receives a LOT of hate - but you consistently try to claim it's not deserved, which is a losing battle.
01:10 AM on 06/14/13
theherox
As of 10/3, pronounced "Thoreau"
User Info.
This was nice.

That War Games song was pretty good, too
04:37 AM on 06/14/13
James Shotwell
User Info.
Other than the fact that you go and contradict everything you say "man hating is lame blah blah blah" "your favorite bands don't play instruments, fat mike is a doucher trollolol" or whatever, I think this whole thread is pretty dumb.

"GUYS I'M GOING TO STOP TALKING ABOUT FALLING IN REVERSE NOW BECAUSE FALLING IN REVERSE ARE DICKS BUT I WONT TALK ABOUT THEM BECAUSE I DONT LIKE THEIR MUSIC BUT ITS OK CUZ WE WONT TALK ABOUT IT"

I guess that's not too bad, until you realize the post turns into a tumblr confessional rant that spends more time doing what it said it wouldn't do than anything else.

Quit making a big deal out of it and out of making it a big deal and just report the damn news like you want to. If you want to have a review of a FIR album on your website, find somebody who has a neutral opinion or who might enjoy it, there is always a Jake Denning to do things like that, that is why review staffs usually have diversified taste. Why lose potential audience because you personally don't like the music? Not supporting the guy because he is a dickhead is fine, but making it to the point that your website has an open "beef" with him is just idiotic. (see pupfresh/radke, utg/radke, Any band that gets butthurt vs. JTate., etc)

News don't have to have opinions and reviews are meant to. Sure we all know what to expect from an UTG FIR review, but that doesn't mean that's a bad thing. We all know what kind of review Rush Limbaugh would give Yeezus, but some of us might actually be interested in reading it to get a different perspective.

Does UTG actually have a niche? I honestly don't think these once a month "TMZ-esque" features do anything for anyone and clearly they are cutting down on reviews one Ronnie at a time, so it makes me wonder...

TMZ-esque features?

We also haven't cut back on reviews in the slightest. In fact, we're on track to post over 150 more reviews in 2013 than 2012 (putting our total for the year over 1000 between music and film). I can understand preferring AP over UTG because preference is certainly subjective, but to write everything we do off as somehow disposable (and worse, weakening with time) is a bit harsh.
05:38 AM on 06/14/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
At least FIR play instruments on stage, unlike that band in your username...

Zing.
My user name has nothing to do with a band. It is not a play on I see stars. I don't even like the band.
06:46 AM on 06/14/13
kapy53
Rad Dude
User Info.
Legit why do people like Radke? Also, what about his beating his gf? Like whats the story there then? Was it a Sean Penn or Chris Brown type beating or was it a fight between both of them. Why'd he kick kids out of shows for being...15 year old kids? Is FIR as creepy with their fans like ETF are?

Fat Mike only makes fun of his friends, AND the dude made an honest approach to learn about why their were Christians on Warped Tour that one year. He may fuck with you, and he's into weird shit, but Fat Mike doesn't have nasty rumors floating around.
06:54 AM on 06/14/13
Dustin Harkins
I hate the Dolphins defense
User Info.
I fully believe that sometimes fans let the wrong things influence them - there are PLENTY of musicians that are interview trained and appear genuine, yet are anything but behind closed doors.

That said, Radke has done some PROVEN, caught on video, egregious acts. You've seen him kick people out of a venue for chanting a band name. You've seen him throw a mic stand into the audience. Top those acts off with a new rap/rock sound, and you really shouldn't be surprised for the reputation the guy has.

And what's more - this community has been forgiving, when it's deserved. When Ben Liebsch and the You, Me, and Everyone We Know craziness went down, Ben responded respectfully and salvaged his fan base by taking precautions and working on himself. Even Jonny Craig has managed to earn some respect back by successfully completing tours (though his new music is seriously lacking). Radke is yet to do anything of the sort - his interviews have been a joke, he's addressed an incredible small amount of the controversy surrounding him, and he continues to express a devil-may-care attitude.

If you want to take it back even further - DON'T HANG OUT WITH GUYS WITH GUNS, AND YOU'LL NEVER BE A SUSPECT IN A MURDER CASE. Amazing how most of America is able to do just that, and never go to jail.

So yes, I acknowledge that the guy receives a LOT of hate - but you consistently try to claim it's not deserved, which is a losing battle.
Wait he has?
06:59 AM on 06/14/13
Dustin Harkins
I hate the Dolphins defense
User Info.
Here's the thing: if you don't like it, move on. Doesn't hurt you, doesn't effect you. Some of us enjoy FIR, and so what? These bands are damn big, and the AP.net community is barely a dent in that... When it comes down to it, people hating here and bitching about Ronnie doesnt make anything happen. Theyre going to sell a lot of albums regardless of the small group of people on here.

There's plenty of bands on this site people LOVE that I think are pretty bad too. So, I just keep moving. That's the beauty of music though, we can all like something different and it's alright. Why waste so much time hating something and letting it get to you so much when it doesn't harm you in any way?
Yeah I'm still confused because this really is the exact point of that article.
07:24 AM on 06/14/13
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
Is UnderMyDreams and that andthetruthwilltell guy the same person?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos