Username
Password

Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 74 of 74
04:25 PM on 06/17/13
ambulance
Minutes away, but miles apart
User Info.
I hate to say it, but I'm kind of disappointed in everything I've heard off this album so far. The thing that really made me enjoy STD was that they were always evolving, and it seems that Arun has played a part in stagnating the sound of STD. His guitar playing is very distinct, and seems to come out a lot in these songs. This sounds like it could easily fit as a Daybreak b-side. Aside from STD's first two albums, I don't think you could take songs from their previous releases and say it really "fit" on any of the others. Daybreak and SWYA are my least favorite albums too, so if this is the natural progression I guess I'll probably be disappointed if they continue along this path. /rant

Luckily STD still plays a lot of their back catalog live. And I haven't missed IIOI play in Atlanta for the past couple years. Add Hostage Calm to that lineup too and there's no reason I won't be at this show. It's even a few days from my birthday.
05:40 PM on 06/17/13
swagofthe90s
music <3
User Info.
see ya at Slims
05:45 PM on 06/17/13
nowa312
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ummm OK.. The back catalog that they play consistently at shows is SWYA.. They've also evolved on every single record especially considering the trilogy was all written around the same time I believe.. Arun shreds man. Him and Chris jam together and if anything he's only added more greatness to this band.. To each their own but let's wait to hear more than one song before making snap judgments on the evolution from daybreak to this.. I have a feeling this album will be some of their best work and can't wait for a release date!

[TE=ambulance;123548241]I hate to say
it, but I'm kind of disappointed in everything I've heard off this album so far. The thing that really made me enjoy STD was that they were always evolving, and it seems that Arun has played a part in stagnating the sound of STD. His guitar playing is very distinct, and seems to come out a lot in these songs. This sounds like it could easily fit as a Daybreak b-side. Aside from STD's first two albums, I don't think you could take songs from their previous releases and say it really "fit" on any of the others. Daybreak and SWYA are my least favorite albums too, so if this is the natural progression I guess I'll probably be disappointed if they continue along this path. /rant

Luckily STD still plays a lot of their back catalog live. And I haven't missed IIOI play in Atlanta for the past couple years. Add Hostage Calm to that lineup too and there's no reason I won't be at this show. It's even a few days from my birthday.[/quote]

Umm
06:07 PM on 06/17/13
drummerguy872
User Info.
This song is solid. Very straightforward and melodic. And it definitely has the signature Arun guitar sound. Already bought my tickets to the Syracuse show.
06:14 PM on 06/17/13
brainstew123
User Info.
Nice was looking for MN. Whoops.

But fuck....I hate Mill City and I believe Deerhunter is that night....

Edit: Deerhunter on sept 9. See you in Minneapolis.
ill be there, not a fan of the venue either.. but ill suck it up
06:38 PM on 06/17/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
This has such a Daybreak feel but I like that its a different mood. It is like all the best things that went into SWYA, In Reverie, and Daybreak brought on the table for a fun pop rock album and I could not be more excited. Don't think it will top Daybreak, SWYA, or In Reverie but will still be a whole lot of fun and will be nice change of pace lyrically.
07:24 PM on 06/17/13
March_Faster!!
まくどなるどなしじゃいきられない。
User Info.
Fuck, what a toe-tapper!
04:44 AM on 06/18/13
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
Love it.
07:56 AM on 06/18/13
duhpizza
User Info.
Great song.
01:54 PM on 06/18/13
Boucher187
Jonathan "Mox" Moxon
User Info.
Do they really plan on releasing the new album early July like it says on the pledge website? Someone explain this to me please. Please!
I am also wondering the same thing. We had a private show a couple weeks ago and the band said a release would be Aug / Sept ... but the countdown on the site is totally different.
01:57 PM on 06/18/13
Boucher187
Jonathan "Mox" Moxon
User Info.
Ummm OK.. The back catalog that they play consistently at shows is SWYA.. They've also evolved on every single record especially considering the trilogy was all written around the same time I believe.. Arun shreds man. Him and Chris jam together and if anything he's only added more greatness to this band.. To each their own but let's wait to hear more than one song before making snap judgments on the evolution from daybreak to this.. I have a feeling this album will be some of their best work and can't wait for a release date!

[TE=ambulance;123548241]I hate to say
it, but I'm kind of disappointed in everything I've heard off this album so far. The thing that really made me enjoy STD was that they were always evolving, and it seems that Arun has played a part in stagnating the sound of STD. His guitar playing is very distinct, and seems to come out a lot in these songs. This sounds like it could easily fit as a Daybreak b-side. Aside from STD's first two albums, I don't think you could take songs from their previous releases and say it really "fit" on any of the others. Daybreak and SWYA are my least favorite albums too, so if this is the natural progression I guess I'll probably be disappointed if they continue along this path. /rant

Luckily STD still plays a lot of their back catalog live. And I haven't missed IIOI play in Atlanta for the past couple years. Add Hostage Calm to that lineup too and there's no reason I won't be at this show. It's even a few days from my birthday.

Umm[/quote]
Wow. This Nowa guy knows a lot. Seems like a smart dude. Totally agree bro.
05:26 PM on 06/18/13
ambulance
Minutes away, but miles apart
User Info.

They play stuff from all of their albums live. SWYA will, at the most, take up 1/4 of their setlist (check setlist.fm if you don't believe me), which means the remaining 3/4 of the setlist are songs from albums that I enjoy immensely. And I never said I disliked SWYA or Daybreak, just that out of their entire catalog, they were my least favorite.

Yes, they've only officially released one song, but there are clips in their videos, a demo, and also another video that they played a song acoustically. It just doesn't sound like this album is going to be that different from Daybreak. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I agree Arun kill's it on solos, though. His solo that he played live for kaleidoscope was killer, and the one that he plays in one of the clips is just as awesome.
06:36 PM on 06/18/13
nbtobias
User Info.
Digging the new tune, really looking forward to hearing the album.
03:21 AM on 06/20/13
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
It's like the next step past In Reverie. Like it for sure.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos