AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 26 of 26
01:50 PM on 06/17/13
atarisaveskids
User Info.
My favorite Say Anything song of all time would have to be "The Last Great Punk Rock Song". This is a very old song that I will never see live, but it holds such resonance. I recall one night in 2004/2005 driving all through the night listening to this song over and over again. The song held such meaning and made me reflect on times of high school and the confusion afterwards. I remember driving until the sun came out and feeling rejuvenated and accomplished like I defeated the night. I love Say Anything greatly, but this song still means the most to me.

My girlfriend's favorite band happens to be Say Anything. If she was replying to this thread she would say that her favorite Say Anything song is "All Choked Up". She has the lyric; "A fool in love with time" tattooed on her rib. She grew up without her father around and has a great fear of divorce and commitment. This song reminds her of the strength of love, an unbearable immense love that can exist.

We both love Say Anything and have not actually gotten tickets to either of these shows so might as well write our stories.
01:51 PM on 06/17/13
ferrisstryker
User Info.
My favorite has got to be “Cemetery.” It strikes the perfect balance between Max’s sick and twisted lyrics (As I drown in lakes of fire / I will call your name as I expire) and his emotional (Sappy? Badum-tshh) lyrics (If I can die with you / life would be enough). Sherri does gorgeous voice work on this song, and it was honestly other-worldy to hear them perform this together live when Say Anything toured with Eisley and NFG a few years ago. I would kill to go to either date, pick me pick me!
04:37 PM on 06/17/13
jjm1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Also, this was pretty cool when 2 favorites came together

04:48 PM on 06/17/13
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
User Info.
"You'll bleed to feed the demon in me."

The Stephen Hawking because after listening to the entirety of Anarchy, My Dear all I could think was "I'm not sure if I still like this band." Then that song came on and the almost-cheesy but heartfelt lyricism, tempo changes, incredible drumming/instrumental work all round made me recall why this band is one of my favorites and why they're so huge in this scene. There is almost no other song of this length that I can listen to so often without wanting to skip it.

I don't really have a really cool memory like some of these guys but hopefully I can make one at this show.
05:25 PM on 06/17/13
TSLROCKS
Knicks 2016 World Champions!
User Info.
Plea because Kenny V

<3
07:22 PM on 06/17/13
mgarcia1012
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"Admit It!!!" is my favorite Say Anything song. That whole album rocked but that song really summed up what Max was angry about at that time. He was angry at how society acted, the hypocrisy involved and how he doesn't want to be part of it. It was great when he did admit that he was human also and had his own issues to deal with. The best lines in that song though and really say something to me are, "I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done. I'm proud of myself and the loner I've become..." It just shows that its ok to not follow the crowd as long as you're proud of yourself.
07:25 PM on 06/17/13
shwaz499
User Info.
"Colorblind" because the production was amateur and all the instruments sounded like shit yet somehow it moves me to this day.
08:22 PM on 06/17/13
pnkdrmr182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"I Want to Know Your Plans" - It was one of the slow jams on the first mix cd I made my wife, long before she agreed to be my wife.
11:31 PM on 06/17/13
happie
User Info.
"Admit It" since it was the first Say Anything song I heard, and made me fall in love with the band (as cliched as it sounds!). Plus, the song is hilarious so that's a giant plus.
01:50 AM on 06/18/13
WRLD ART
User Info.
"Cemetery" and because it saved my life.
06:56 AM on 06/18/13
adam18250
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"I am a Transylvanian!! The songs lyrics are just amazing, and they way max puts his emotions into it makes it amazing! "The path into this heart is littered with corpses." it cant get much better than that!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos