Username
Password
Random News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Random
Inside AP.net

Andrew W.K. to Attempt to Break World Drumming Record

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (06/18/13)
Andrew W.K. will attempt to set a new world record by drumming for 24 consecutive hours during the O Music Awards. Details are in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29.
09:19 AM on 06/18/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
MTV, VH1, and CMT today announced that Andrew W.K. will attempt to set a new world record by drumming for 24 consecutive hours during the O Music Awards, which honor the artists, innovators and fans impacting today's music and culture. Additionally, the Jonas Brothers have agreed to kick off the “Live Music Day Festival,” the world’s largest online and mobile music festival, taking place exclusively during the live awards event, beginning June 19th, 2013 at 7pm ET/4pm PT and lasting for 24 hours. “Live Music Day Festival” features more than 50 bands, five kittens, and one goat.

In the spirit of web memes and parodies and to spoof previous O Music Award world records, Andrew W.K. will seek to set the record for the LONGEST DRUM SESSION IN A RETAIL STORE. The Roots band leader and drummer ?uestlove will team up with Andrew for the first portion of a 24-hour-drum-a-thon world record attempt. This rhythmic feat of endurance will serve as the heartbeat for “Live Music Day.” Throughout The Event, which takes place in an Oakley store, surprise drummers will drop by and jam out with Andrew, pumping him up and cheering him on as he strains to keep the beat going for the entire day and night.

Previous O Music Awards have included Chiddy of Chiddy Bang setting the record for the longest ever freestyle rap, and Wayne Coyne and The Flaming Lips setting the world record for most shows played in a 24-hour period (multi-city).

Andrew W.K. had this to say, "When the O Music Awards first told me about this event, I felt a combination of excitement and pure fear. I began to realize that actually playing drums for a few hours would be challenging, let alone 24 hours non-stop! This feat of rhythmic endurance is going to push me to my party limits. Pounding out a beat for an entire earthly rotation will be a life-changing and life-threatening adventure!"

He continued: "I'm calling upon all the positive party power I can summon from above and below, from inside my own soul, and from the generous energy of all the amazing drummers who'll be playing with me. Please give me your strength, so I may not only endure this ordeal, but make it an inspiring team achievement for us all! When it's time to party, we will always drum hard."

Fans will be able to watch the entire 24-hour event from their device of choice via OMusicAwards.com. And in a nod to the growing popularity of the awards, since voting began on May 16, nearly 70 million votes have been cast, a 48% increase from the last cycle!
09:26 AM on 06/18/13
TakeLotsWithAlcohol
Geeeeeeeeene
User Info.
Well, that doesn't leave a lot of time for partying.
09:26 AM on 06/18/13
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Well, that doesn't leave a lot of time for partying.
Au contraire, that's 24 straight hours of party.
09:27 AM on 06/18/13
TakeLotsWithAlcohol
Geeeeeeeeene
User Info.
Au contraire, that's 24 straight hours of party.
Touche. Touche.
09:33 AM on 06/18/13
billysurvive
aimless arrow.
User Info.
Andrew was very good at Warped Tour in 2010, but to me, he was even better when I saw him with Aerosmith years and years ago.
10:06 AM on 06/18/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Andrew W.K.remains the greatest live show I have ever seen. Let's start a triangle pit.
10:22 AM on 06/18/13
simplejack
Soundtrack of My Silence
User Info.
I don't want to be annoying but... what about a new album?
11:28 AM on 06/18/13
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
Didn't the Jonas Bros change their name to One Direction
11:39 AM on 06/18/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
You go Andrew
11:54 AM on 06/18/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Didn't the Jonas Bros change their name to One Direction
no.
12:06 PM on 06/18/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
He would
12:10 PM on 06/18/13
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
User Info.
Party hard, drum harder.
12:29 PM on 06/18/13
WarmThoughts
You wont break my mind just yet,
User Info.
What a crazy bastard, good luck to him.
12:34 PM on 06/18/13
DylanPPPP
snooch to the nooch mother fucker
User Info.
Jesus I can't even drum for 20 minutes without getting winded. Best of luck to him. I feel he can definitely do it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS