Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

Stream New Living With Lions Song

Posted by: Drew Beringer (06/18/13)
You can stream a new Living With Lions' song over at PropertyOfZack.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
11:07 AM on 06/18/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Loved this song when they played it opening for New Found Glory last month. Recorded version sounds just as good.
11:22 AM on 06/18/13
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
I'm really missing the old vocal style.

This sounds way too much like Blink to me (and I hate Blink).
11:31 AM on 06/18/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Not a fan at all of those vocals
11:34 AM on 06/18/13
wheniflysolo
User Info.
it's very hard for me to believe that this is actually the same band. it's not even just the vox.
11:35 AM on 06/18/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
I'm really missing the old vocal style.

This sounds way too much like Blink to me (and I hate Blink).

Not a fan at all of those vocals

Maybe it's because I'm a little biased, but I don't think the new vocals are that bad. Different yes, but not bad.
11:35 AM on 06/18/13
nickthehick2
King of France
User Info.
Breaks my heart
11:37 AM on 06/18/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Maybe it's because I'm a little biased, but I don't think the new vocals are that bad. Different yes, but not bad.
Idk, I saw these guys twice with their other vocalist and thought they were much better than when I saw them open for NFG. But hey, to each their own
11:39 AM on 06/18/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
it's very hard for me to believe that this is actually the same band. it's not even just the vox.

I don't think the lyrics are that terribly different. If you're talking about the Blink influence, it's always been there. When I did an "official" interview with Chase for the first time (this is getting to be 5 years ago) he admitted that Blink was pretty much the reason LWL existed. And since I still have that file on my computer, I'll copy and paste his answer:

It’s not a huge secret how Living With Lions came to be so I thought maybe we could go back a bit further. What made you pick up the guitar in the first place?

Chase: I remember getting the first Blink-182 album, or the first Blink-182 album I’d ever heard which was Enema of the State. That’s kinda sad because all the hardcore Blink fans first listened to Dude Ranch, which is probably my favourite record of theirs. But anyway, as soon as I heard that album for some reason I wanted to play in a band. I had to learn how to play guitar so I got my first guitar and I remember it was a piece of crap. I started a band with some friends and we were like a Blink-182 wannabe band who covered a bunch of Blink-182 songs. So yeah, that was basically how it started. I think I was in grade 8 when that came about so it was a long time ago but yeah, basically Blink-182 was the reason.
11:40 AM on 06/18/13
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
I mean, I really loved Dude Manor, Make Your Mark, and Holy Shit. I ordered the 7" when they were first put up. Maybe I'll just wait to check out anything else and just listen to it completely a few times. Maybe it'll grow on me. Part of me also believes that Chase should have just stuck to backing vocals. :/

I loved this band though. Saw them 5 times, all with Stu on vocals.
11:49 AM on 06/18/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Idk, I saw these guys twice with their other vocalist and thought they were much better than when I saw them open for NFG. But hey, to each their own

I mean, I really loved Dude Manor, Make Your Mark, and Holy Shit. I ordered the 7" when they were first put up. Maybe I'll just wait to check out anything else and just listen to it completely a few times. Maybe it'll grow on me. Part of me also believes that Chase should have just stuck to backing vocals. :/

I loved this band though. Saw them 5 times, all with Stu on vocals.

To each their own, indeed. This band has gone through a lot over the years and I've been there for pretty much all of it. I've seen them with Matt, I've seen them with Stu, I've seen them with Chase and I still think they're one of the best pop-punk bands making music no matter who's at the front singing. I hope this will grow on more people and I hope this doesn't lead to the end of LWL.
12:40 PM on 06/18/13
benjammin07
User Info.
aghh cringe worthy at times
01:02 PM on 06/18/13
mvacare23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What the fuck happened..... Holy Shit was my primary Summer Album in 2011, and didn't leave my rotation until end of 2012.... This is god awful from every angle you look at it.

These vocals are brutal.
01:11 PM on 06/18/13
henry chinaski
User Info.
Fuckin rules!
01:41 PM on 06/18/13
jorbjorb
User Info.
this is way better than the old stuff imo
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE