AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 39.
11:33 AM on 06/20/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Don't really understand the lyrics criticisms. They're supposed to be odd, witty, comical, etc...that's kind of what makes the band work so well.
11:44 AM on 06/20/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Don't really understand the lyrics criticisms. They're supposed to be odd, witty, comical, etc...that's kind of what makes the band work so well.

Agreed. No other band could pull off lyrics like these.
11:57 AM on 06/20/13
SouthernCross40
Rides a comet's flame
User Info.
"Nothing feels alright now, the length of my hair or the fit of my clothes" absolutely destroys me. Even the tracks that I started off really indifferent about I can't stop listening to now. AOTY for me so far.
12:32 PM on 06/20/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I love this, but it's not as good as the self-titled. I also kind of burned myself out on it by listening to it a ton in the first week or two and then seeing this band two nights in a row. Worth it though.
I agree. Its a really good album but self-title was more fun. I absolutely love "Twin Size Mattress", "Peach", and "The Feud" but the album is a lot less interesting than their last album was. Overall though it makes for a good car album. Its in my top 10 of the year so far and pretty secured in the middle of my list. Hope their next album is a bit more wild but its great to have new music by them.
12:48 PM on 06/20/13
GamEin
GamEin
User Info.
Good review butttt Skeleton is definitely not the least memorable track in my opinion! These guys are growing on me.
01:29 PM on 06/20/13
PopcornDirtbag
User Info.
i love how the reasons everyone loves this band are the same reasons everyone else hates it.
I enjoyed the review
02:01 PM on 06/20/13
Fil_22
User Info.
“With tears in my eyes, I begged you to stay/ You said, “Hey man, I love you but no fucking way” ... Thanks for pointing that line out, absolutely love it.
02:14 PM on 06/20/13
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
I really enjoyed this album, but is it weird to say that if I hadn't spent a ton of time with their EP SDtSR I wouldn't be able to stand the rest of the self titled and this album? Somehow knowing what I was getting into when I listened to this made it much easier for me to digest and enjoy.
02:36 PM on 06/20/13
qwerty22
we're pieces on the board
User Info.
Interesting, I thought most people were pretty disappointed with this record.
03:01 PM on 06/20/13
DylanPPPP
Noooooooooooch
User Info.
I stumbled into this album and fell in love with it. Objectively the music on this is just decent and Brian is not a great singer by any means but I connect so well with these lyrics, probably more so than any other band I've ever listened to. Lines like "I never sleep in the front seat/I'm too tall but I got so stoned" and "I wanna contribute to the chaos/I don’t wanna watch and then complain/Cause I am through finding blame/That is the decision that I have made" resonate with me hard probably for different reasons than they're actually about.

And even if this is way off about Au Revoir, I see it about pretentious people upsetting other people for making them sound stupid whether it was intentional or not which is something I've been known to do and I've been trying not to do for a while. So that song in general resonates with me as well.

There is just so much charm and welcomeness in the lyrics on this and I always look forward to jamming it.
03:04 PM on 06/20/13
DylanPPPP
Noooooooooooch
User Info.
It's kind of like a guy just sat down and wrote the first thing that was bothering him that day and switched some words around to make it rhyme. It's so unconventional and I absolutely love it.
04:10 PM on 06/20/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
My AOTY so far. Damn good record.
06:03 PM on 06/20/13
brothemighty
Blue moon, where are you today?
User Info.
Wow, kinda getting an All Get Out vibe. Love the lyrics
09:58 PM on 06/20/13
grimis16
User Info.
I just can't get over the dudes vocals. The lyrics bother me too.
04:41 AM on 06/21/13
Kelly Doherty
@_kellydoherty for the lolz
User Info.
Exactly.

Also, I think there's a lot of pretty serious lyrics in here. I'd consider their lyrics to be far better than most pop punk, metal or indie bands. Many bands have a tendency to be overly vague, but because the words sound pretty, people think it's good.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums