Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts.
09:39 AM on 06/20/13
letdownagain
All my love to long ago.
User Info.
That monologue was amazing.

Colbert is such a good interviewer. He knows how to get a laugh without ever insulting the bands' intelligence. Ben and Jimmy seem like such sincere guys. But for some reason, Jenny Lewis has started to come off as a bit arrogant when I've seen her interviewed lately. She also seems to make the performance about her when really, she's just a backup singer. I don't know, maybe she was just nervous. Just seemed a little off.

I don't think she came off as arrogant in this interview, just focused on answering Steven's main question. I also happen to find the image of Ben Gibbard standing at an airport with a "Ben Gibbard" sign hilarious.

I also wouldn't marginalize her by calling her "just a backup singer". In "Such Great Heights", she's responsible for backing vocals, the main piano part during the second verse, the slide guitar under Ben's riff on the bridge and triggering the claps at the end of the song. I'm not someone who's really familiar with her work/Rilo Kiley's stuff, but after seeing them on Friday, I'm definitely interested. I thought she added a lot in stage presence and performance. She doesn't shy away from the spotlight on stage, but I don't think she's trying to overshadow anyone. I'd rather that than someone who wasn't enthusiastic about performing these songs live.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests