Username
Password
TV News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 25 of 25.
12:48 PM on 06/20/13
blinkeatworld
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That shrug about a new album is so much more encouraging than Ben's usual flat "no"'s!
01:06 PM on 06/20/13
xSpillFiction
Mama, I'm Satan
User Info.
That monologue was amazing.

Colbert is such a good interviewer. He knows how to get a laugh without ever insulting the bands' intelligence. Ben and Jimmy seem like such sincere guys. But for some reason, Jenny Lewis has started to come off as a bit arrogant when I've seen her interviewed lately. She also seems to make the performance about her when really, she's just a backup singer. I don't know, maybe she was just nervous. Just seemed a little off.
i agree about her stage presence being a bit overwhelming. i feel like she's a bit too much. don't get me wrong, the energy is great, but it can also be toned down a notch.

also, that track suit she's wearing is awful. who taught that girl how to dress?
03:34 PM on 06/20/13
qwerty22
snackin like an asshole in the usa
User Info.

Colbert is such a good interviewer. He knows how to get a laugh without ever insulting the bands' intelligence. Ben and Jimmy seem like such sincere guys. But for some reason, Jenny Lewis has started to come off as a bit arrogant when I've seen her interviewed lately. She also seems to make the performance about her when really, she's just a backup singer. I don't know, maybe she was just nervous. Just seemed a little off.
I know what you're talking about. She's barely doing anything but seems to want it to look like a big deal.
06:33 PM on 06/20/13
brothemighty
Blue moon, where are you today?
User Info.
That shrug about a new album is so much more encouraging than Ben's usual flat "no"'s!
They just didn't want to say it on live TV. There will never be another Postal Service album, cause they don't want to top or not live up to Give Up.
07:58 PM on 06/20/13
StreetcarRock
King of Donairs
User Info.
I wild the fuck out when I hear such great heights. it's embarassing, I kind of turn into a 15 year old girl.
10:26 PM on 06/20/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Yeah I wouldn't call her a "backup" singer. I saw them this week, and she did everything from singing to playing guitar, drums, piano, etc. Ben pulled her up front and specifically featured her throughout the entire show. She's very much a part of the band, and Ben certainly isn't making her stand in the back.

They sound incredible, and put on one of the best shows I've ever seen.
10:28 PM on 06/20/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This performance was really dumb. So much of it isn't live. And they have two musicians that barely do anything. Umm, why did they need all of that equipment? And why did Ben make his guitar strumming seem so elaborate and energetic when it's just a simple progression? So lame.

You don't know what programming is do you?
12:04 AM on 06/21/13
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.

As others have said, she's not really just a "backup singer." And she's considered an actual member of the Postal Service and I really don't see the problem with the whole stage presence thing. Nothing wrong with getting into it.. I saw them live and she certainly did not try to, and did not overpower anybody. There were also a lot of planned dancing parts between her and Gibbard.
05:00 AM on 06/21/13
CyberInferno
Tech Round-up Author,Chipotle Lover
User Info.
Taylor Swift really looks strung out in this performance.
09:30 PM on 06/22/13
DrewDooWop
User Info.
This performance was really dumb. So much of it isn't live. And they have two musicians that barely do anything. Umm, why did they need all of that equipment? And why did Ben make his guitar strumming seem so elaborate and energetic when it's just a simple progression? So lame.
PLAY AS BORING AS POSSIBLE
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests