AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
03:27 PM on 06/24/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Explain why.... Any album, movie, TV show, has expectations attached to them because of the artist associated with it. You cannot deny the simple fact that a big name either draws critiscism or praise. It's not a cop out and it's not narrow minded. And I know exactly what I'm talking about when I state opinions that come from my own brain. I think this album is a steaming pile of trash with little to no redeeming qualities and i strongly believe in my statement that the only reason people love it is because it's Kanye and he's so committed to what he does and I give him credit for that. It still doesn't make it good to me. It's impossible because no one is not familiar with Kanye, but i'd love to hear a subjective opinion of this album.
Your argument could go both ways: Any other artist and more people love it since it doesn't have "Kanye West" on the cover.

Your argument, however, boils down to that people are lying to themselves when they say they like this album. Maybe in some cases you're right and an artist gets more of a pass because someone knows they like them or not already -- I'll spend more time with an album by a band I know I like than a new band -- it's just part of the process ... but, ultimately, does that matter? Does it make the opinion formed any less valid if it's backed up?
05:34 PM on 06/24/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
This isn't a good record imo. The mastering is shockingly bad, and the lyrics are very, very low-brow in a way that I can't possible get behind. I think the tinniness of the sound (at least that's how I hear it...) is really what turns me off from this release. Glad you guys are enjoying it though :)
Did you buy the album or download the leak?

Cause the mastering is definitely not bad.
03:04 PM on 06/26/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Sorry, or should I say real musicians. He's definitely an artist, and I understand how people can like him, not that I agree with it.

But dude doesn't have musical sensibility in the traditional sense.

So many damn producers, and engineers helping him make it happen. I just think it's bullshit that he gets all the glory for the collaborative work of much more talented people.

His lyrics are garbage (in my opinion). His outlook on the world is pathetic.

His songs hurt my ears to listen to.

I understand it's interesting and cutting edge, but not in a way that nearly matches up to the true musicianship of a four piece band who writes music that will stand the test of time.

I feel worst for the people that give this dude money for being such a fuck of a human being.

I realize I'm just some dude ranting on a board and I don't need to be here, but I just fucking don't get it and it just shows how sad the music industry is.
I'll bet you any amount of money Kanye West stands the test of time more than any other artist releasing/making music in 2013.
05:31 PM on 06/26/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
(or is it the id)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News