07:20 AM on 06/24/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Buncha dorks in here

Albums a 7.753333333333333.../10
10:53 AM on 06/24/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Been a pretty mediocre year for music tbh. If this is the best/top 3 its definitely weak
11:40 AM on 06/24/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Comments are even better than the review. We win bingo yet?
I technically never called a specific person a dork yet
11:56 AM on 06/24/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Definitely deserves the 100% rating. I wouldn't call myself a real Kanye fan (I've only listened to his albums before MBDTF a handful of times) but Yeezus is a masterpiece

Welp
09:50 PM on 06/24/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Don't put words in my mouth.

"So many damn producers, and engineers helping him make it happen. I just think it's bullshit that he gets all the glory for the collaborative work of much more talented people."

My point is that the actual respectable aspects of his music aren't a result of his fingertips.

And don't call me a sad one. You are quite the "staff member calling me names. I don't know you, and have nothing against you personally, but did I ever target another user in a disrespectful way on this website in my posts?
No. Just expressing my opinion.

Can someone show me the feature to block Kanye news from my feed? I'll gladly do it.

I usually don't flip out on posts, but this album just fucking pisses me off so much. It literally makes me mad.

I'm over it and I'm going to drink a beer, have a nice soak in the hot tub and listen to some quality music.

Have a good night everyone.
go listen to one of the 5 tracks a day he worked on for 3 summers ya dork

there fill that in the bingo
09:52 PM on 06/24/13
Star Slight
User Info.
I guess I know now know that Kanye fans are just as rude as the man himself.
know now know t t t today juniah
09:55 PM on 06/24/13
Star Slight
User Info.
This just in, I'm the first person to make a typo on the internet.
you're the first person to be a punk in this thread

08:25 AM on 06/25/13
Star Slight
User Info.
I'd just like to take credit for the star slight bingo spot

Because youre a dork
10:01 PM on 06/27/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Not a fan of Kanye West and only a few rappers ever catch my attention and its normally based on lyric content but I checked this out because of the praise. Did not change my mind. Personally it seemed like the same stuff everyone raps about for the most part but maybe I am not seeing the deeper meaning or able to appreciate. Glad everyone likes it though. I want to say I am able to appreciate all genres but this sort of stuff never hooked me even when keeping an open mind and trying.
go download the first 3 tribe called quest albums then be like oh i get rap now
10:31 PM on 06/27/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Will do. I harbor no hatred toward rap and even like some rappers but I find a lot of the subject matter is just about sex, drugs, violence, and the n word. I mean it probably has much more to it but I have yet to find it. I am down for taking the recommendation. Honestly I have heard of them but never checked them out. I have been listening to all sorts of genres over the last few years but this has always been the hardest to get into. Small artists here and there do it but for the most part the subject matter and excess of autotune always kills it for me.

Regardless, like I said, I will take up that recommendation but in terms of getting into the genre I don't get the popularity of kanye west but glad people have another album to love in this great year of music!
Replied to your PM more in depth, but yeah you're pretty much on course for a dude who's not really into hip hop. Check these songs/artists out, you'll probably like them. Then move into more classic stuff like Nas if you dig it. At one point you'll come to the realization that drugs/violence/vulgarity is as important of a storytelling technique as love or whatever the bands you like write about. Just a different style.

12:54 PM on 06/28/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Only 100 in like 30 years has been both Bon Iver albums fight me
01:17 PM on 06/28/13
Star Slight
User Info.
its tru tru tru
01:36 PM on 06/28/13
Star Slight
User Info.
yeah wolf is some classic ish man keep playing that
01:50 PM on 06/28/13
Star Slight
User Info.
2013 rap music has been bad this album fell off for me I'm only listening to Jungle Brothers and Black Sheep til I die
02:27 PM on 06/30/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Any auto-tune is too much auto-tune
dont listen to any music ever again then

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT