Username
Password

Album Review - Page 12
Displaying posts 165 - 180 of 345.
05:45 PM on 06/24/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
The beats sound like Rob Kardashian made them and the lyrics sound like Bruce Jenner wrote them.

I love Kanye, but damn this album is pretty weak
looooooooob
05:54 PM on 06/24/13
thisisadisaster
RICK FROM ALABAMA
User Info.
JAKE JENKINS WHOLE REVIEW SHOULD HAVE JUST BEEN SCORE ON THE SIDE AND THEN BINGO BOARD MINIMALISM
06:03 PM on 06/24/13
thisisadisaster
RICK FROM ALABAMA
User Info.
LIKE FOR REAL THO SHOULDA LET ME BE YO RICK RUBIN AND CUT THIS DOWN MINIMALISM
07:54 PM on 06/24/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Pretty spot on. I love how "Blood On The Leaves" sound like all his past records combined into one song. Fantastic review for a fantastic record.

Yeezus > Jesus
08:02 PM on 06/24/13
cscwell107
You Will Always Have My Attention
User Info.
Great Review
08:26 PM on 06/24/13
RBSDRuMMeR
User Info.
Yeezus is a punk album. I mean listen to Black Skinhead! I don't really know if it's a straight 100, considering how shallow some of his lines are, but musically, this is one hell of an album.
08:30 PM on 06/24/13
mikeysaysmikey
Michael
User Info.
Sorry, or should I say real musicians. He's definitely an artist, and I understand how people can like him, not that I agree with it.

But dude doesn't have musical sensibility in the traditional sense.

So many damn producers, and engineers helping him make it happen. I just think it's bullshit that he gets all the glory for the collaborative work of much more talented people.

His lyrics are garbage (in my opinion). His outlook on the world is pathetic.

His songs hurt my ears to listen to.

I understand it's interesting and cutting edge, but not in a way that nearly matches up to the true musicianship of a four piece band who writes music that will stand the test of time.

I feel worst for the people that give this dude money for being such a fuck of a human being.

I realize I'm just some dude ranting on a board and I don't need to be here, but I just fucking don't get it and it just shows how sad the music industry is.
08:32 PM on 06/24/13
CheckeredFloors
nah
User Info.
Sorry, or should I say real musicians. He's definitely an artist, and I understand how people can like him, not that I agree with it.

So many damn producers, and engineers helping him make it happen. I just think it's bullshit that he gets all the glory for the collaborative work of much more talented people.

I understand it's interesting and cutting edge, but not in a way that nearly matches up to the true musicianship of a four piece band who writes music that will stand the test of time.

I feel worst for the people that give this dude money for being such a fuck of a human being.

I realize I'm just some dude ranting on a board and I don't need to be here, but I just fucking don't get it and it just shows how sad the music industry is.
POTY thank you for this
08:33 PM on 06/24/13
mikeysaysmikey
Michael
User Info.
The beats sound like Rob Kardashian made them and the lyrics sound like Bruce Jenner wrote them.

I love Kanye, but damn this album is pretty weak
+100 points.

It sounds like the album was created by a Pro Tools plug-in called "Crappy Random Beat Maker" paired with an online "Misogynistic, Cynical, Self-Absorbed Lyric Generator" tool.
08:33 PM on 06/24/13
CheckeredFloors
nah
User Info.
Haven't come across the old "real music" chestnut in a while. Great stuff great effort.
08:38 PM on 06/24/13
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.

You're the sad one. Yeesh. Producers don't have musical ability? Is this real life?
08:41 PM on 06/24/13
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
Haven't come across the old "real music" chestnut in a while. Great stuff great effort.
A real gem we've got here with this one
08:46 PM on 06/24/13
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
User Info.

of a four piece band who writes music that will stand the test of time.

08:48 PM on 06/24/13
mikeysaysmikey
Michael
User Info.
You're the sad one. Yeesh. Producers don't have musical ability? Is this real life?
Don't put words in my mouth.

"So many damn producers, and engineers helping him make it happen. I just think it's bullshit that he gets all the glory for the collaborative work of much more talented people."

My point is that the actual respectable aspects of his music aren't a result of his fingertips.

And don't call me a sad one. You are quite the "staff member calling me names. I don't know you, and have nothing against you personally, but did I ever target another user in a disrespectful way on this website in my posts?
No. Just expressing my opinion.

Can someone show me the feature to block Kanye news from my feed? I'll gladly do it.

I usually don't flip out on posts, but this album just fucking pisses me off so much. It literally makes me mad.

I'm over it and I'm going to drink a beer, have a nice soak in the hot tub and listen to some quality music.

Have a good night everyone.
08:50 PM on 06/24/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Don't put words in my mouth.

"So many damn producers, and engineers helping him make it happen. I just think it's bullshit that he gets all the glory for the collaborative work of much more talented people."

My point is that the actual respectable aspects of his music aren't a result of his fingertips.

And don't call me a sad one. You are quite the "staff member calling me names. I don't know you, and have nothing against you personally, but did I ever target another user in a disrespectful way on this website in my posts?
No. Just expressing my opinion.

Can someone show me the feature to block Kanye news from my feed? I'll gladly do it.

I usually don't flip out on posts, but this album just fucking pisses me off so much. It literally makes me mad.

I'm over it and I'm going to drink a beer, have a nice soak in the hot tub and listen to some quality music.

Have a good night everyone.
go listen to one of the 5 tracks a day he worked on for 3 summers ya dork

there fill that in the bingo
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News