Comments: Page 21
Displaying posts 300 - 315 of 353
02:49 PM on 07/01/13
Onermedboxer
A real rock'n'rolla
User Info.
i actually wasnt raised on many classics
Anybody not everybody.

See this thread is the perfect microcosm of the current rap/hip-hop scene. One person says something bad about a superstar and is attacked for the image of his avatar (Woah that rhymed, I might be just as good as Ye). Other than the review itself, nobody can provide a thoughtful response that disproves my theory that this album is garbage save for a few bright spots here and there

Sidenote: P.O.S. released almost the exact same album a couple months back, even has a Justin Vernon feature too.
02:56 PM on 07/01/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Anybody not everybody.

See this thread is the perfect microcosm of the current rap/hip-hop scene. One person says something bad about a superstar and is attacked for the image of his avatar (Woah that rhymed, I might be just as good as Ye). Other than the review itself, nobody can provide a thoughtful response that disproves my theory that this album is garbage save for a few bright spots here and there

Sidenote: P.O.S. released almost the exact same album a couple months back, even has a Justin Vernon feature too.
We did address it. Your complaint is about auto-tune. We said most artists use it. I specifically mentioned Senses Fail as one who does.

I'm not bashing you for your avatar, as I like Senses Fail. I'm pointing out that they use vocal production too.
02:56 PM on 07/01/13
Star Slight
User Info.
In current hip hop people are made fun of because of their avatars?
02:57 PM on 07/01/13
Dustin Harkins
I forgot that happened
User Info.

Everything you said in this post was just opinion (just as much as everyone saying it's a brilliant album) and it's an opinion worth respecthing, but once you got to this line holy shit everything went wrong.
03:03 PM on 07/01/13
Onermedboxer
A real rock'n'rolla
User Info.
In current hip hop people are made fun of because of their avatars?

I apologize, I don't have time to define microcosm for you

I'm not bashing you for your avatar, as I like Senses Fail. I'm pointing out that they use vocal production too.

I'm not so daft to think that auto-tune isnt everywhere. But there is a HUGE difference between post-production editing and blatant vocal effects. A lot of people seem to miss this part. Is it really so bad to dislike robot voices?
03:05 PM on 07/01/13
Onermedboxer
A real rock'n'rolla
User Info.
I guess I really need to rethink my avi and what I say on the internet. I should have realized I would be rocking the boat with an opinion that varies from the masses
03:06 PM on 07/01/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.

I'm not so daft to think that auto-tune isnt everywhere. But there is a HUGE difference between post-production editing and blatant vocal effects. A lot of people seem to miss this part. Is it really so bad to dislike robot voices?
I didn't know about your hatred of 'robot voices.' I'm basing it on what you said, as I can't read your mind. You said "any auto-tune is too much auto-tune".
03:09 PM on 07/01/13
Star Slight
User Info.

In every instance of a microcosm are there internet avatars?
03:13 PM on 07/01/13
Onermedboxer
A real rock'n'rolla
User Info.
I didn't know about your hatred of 'robot voices.' I'm basing it on what you said, as I can't read your mind. You said "any auto-tune is too much auto-tune".
Ahh, this was more of "Any use of robot voiced auto-tune is bad, m'kay" rather than "I love albums with bad vocals production."

Should I lawyer up?
03:21 PM on 07/01/13
Onermedboxer
A real rock'n'rolla
User Info.
In every instance of a microcosm are there internet avatars?
Almost responded but...
03:22 PM on 07/01/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Dudes using troll pictures now wheres sean he loves menes
03:26 PM on 07/01/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com/
User Info.
A lot of times people come into threads like this and drop a negative opinion to start shit. But that's less annoying when someone comes in to drop a negative opinion to 'change the system' and like be a martyr to rebel against some sort of group think because it just so happens a bunch of people like a thing and its terrible to them that not everyone agrees with their opinion. No one cares man.

I like vocal effects when they're well used about as much I like guitar pedals that are used well.
03:29 PM on 07/01/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
Anybody not everybody.

legitimately not sure how anyone can respond with a thoughtful response when your opinion is "any autotune is too much autotune." if that's how you feel then you're probably not going to like Kanye, nothing myself or anyone else can say that's going to change your mind. I don't know what you're expecting here. if you don't have a vendetta against autotune or similar effects, then no, the album is not garbage.
03:35 PM on 07/01/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
Anybody not everybody.

POS's album is literally nothing like this and im now under the assumption you havent heard either album if you think the two are comparable in any way besides a justin vernon feature
03:45 PM on 07/01/13
Onermedboxer
A real rock'n'rolla
User Info.
POS's album is literally nothing like this and im now under the assumption you havent heard either album if you think the two are comparable in any way besides a justin vernon feature

Listen to the 2nd half of We Dont Even Live here then go listen to Yeezus. If you can't hear it, well I guess that's a bummer? Or not?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos