Password

Album Review - Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 135 of 346.
01:42 PM on 06/24/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
Haha, I was like Wtf is he getting at?

But yeah, after playing out this and MBDTF, I wanna go back to his older stuff again. Sucks only the edited versions are on Spotify
They have unedited. Just click the album name when you search the artist.

Gotta be smarter than the app
01:44 PM on 06/24/13
ChelseaRiane
<3
User Info.
They have unedited. Just click the album name when you search the artist.

Gotta be smarter than the app

Good looks.
01:50 PM on 06/24/13
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Here I go, I'm trying to get Bingo.

I honestly, just don't get the hype about Kanye. I think his ego is contagious and because he's so confident that what he does is amazing that people start to buy into it. I feel like it's the same thing with successfull business people. If you ooze enough confidence and it's not terrible what you're doing, people will belive it's better than it is.

I honestly however, do think this album is terrible. From the minimalist album cover, to the content, there's very little that appeals to me. The beats are weird, noisy and the songs have no flow. The only hip hop I tend to like though is chill summery hip hop so maybe this experimental 'reiventing the genre everytime he releases an album' hip hop isn't for me. This album is full of weird synth sounds, terrible and cheesy vocal effects and awful lyrics. Speaking of lyrics I also really hate modern hip hop because of the over use of the N word and the B word. For example, how anyone can like a song like blood on the leaves is beyond me. Full of the annoying synth layers and horrible horrible auto tune i talked about before is also the overuse of the N. Again though, because it's Kanye, and he sells himself so well, this is going to be talked about as genius. Any other artist releases this and it's crap.

From the very first song I knew I was going to hate this album. I haven't heard a more poorly structed over the place song in my life. Then I listened to the rest of it and said the same thing 12 more times
02:01 PM on 06/24/13
WarmThoughts
You wont break my mind just yet,
User Info.
Great review, been waiting to read this since it dropped, keep it up!
02:07 PM on 06/24/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
I don't get why people overreact to autotune. it's not that awful, unless the singer doesn't actually know how to sing. these days, you have autotune and other vocal effects that are so good, you can't even tell. the deliberate going-out-of-your-way use of it provides a rather cool effect.
02:07 PM on 06/24/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
yeah, I know. it's my favorite.
02:09 PM on 06/24/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Here I go, I'm trying to get Bingo.

I honestly, just don't get the hype about Kanye. I think his ego is contagious and because he's so confident that what he does is amazing that people start to buy into it. I feel like it's the same thing with successfull business people. If you ooze enough confidence and it's not terrible what you're doing, people will belive it's better than it is.

I honestly however, do think this album is terrible. From the minimalist album cover, to the content, there's very little that appeals to me. The beats are weird, noisy and the songs have no flow. The only hip hop I tend to like though is chill summery hip hop so maybe this experimental 'reiventing the genre everytime he releases an album' hip hop isn't for me. This album is full of weird synth sounds, terrible and cheesy vocal effects and awful lyrics. Speaking of lyrics I also really hate modern hip hop because of the over use of the N word and the B word. For example, how anyone can like a song like blood on the leaves is beyond me. Full of the annoying synth layers and horrible horrible auto tune i talked about before is also the overuse of the N. Again though, because it's Kanye, and he sells himself so well, this is going to be talked about as genius. Any other artist releases this and it's crap.

From the very first song I knew I was going to hate this album. I haven't heard a more poorly structed over the place song in my life. Then I listened to the rest of it and said the same thing 12 more times

Well, obviously you don't know what the hell you're talking about. There's only 10 songs. Maybe you listened to the wrong album.

Try again.
02:10 PM on 06/24/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I don't get why people overreact to autotune. it's not that awful, unless the singer doesn't actually know how to sing. these days, you have autotune and other vocal effects that are so good, you can't even tell. the deliberate going-out-of-your-way use of it provides a rather cool effect.

Lol at your first comment as Kanye has said, repeatedly, that he can't sing.

I don't mind it tho.
02:10 PM on 06/24/13
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
Any other artist releases this and it's crap.

bullshit cop out that shows you dont have a damn clue what you're talking about.

i'm all for differing opinions, but statements like these are so fucking narrow minded.
02:14 PM on 06/24/13
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
bullshit cop out that shows you dont have a damn clue what you're talking about.

i'm all for differing opinions, but statements like these are so fucking narrow minded.

Explain why.... Any album, movie, TV show, has expectations attached to them because of the artist associated with it. You cannot deny the simple fact that a big name either draws critiscism or praise. It's not a cop out and it's not narrow minded. And I know exactly what I'm talking about when I state opinions that come from my own brain. I think this album is a steaming pile of trash with little to no redeeming qualities and i strongly believe in my statement that the only reason people love it is because it's Kanye and he's so committed to what he does and I give him credit for that. It still doesn't make it good to me. It's impossible because no one is not familiar with Kanye, but i'd love to hear a subjective opinion of this album.
02:15 PM on 06/24/13
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well, obviously you don't know what the hell you're talking about. There's only 10 songs. Maybe you listened to the wrong album.

Try again.

I just counted through spotify when I was done listening and it looks like it pulled in a few songs from DJ Stevie Tee when I searched Yeezus. Ammend the number but keep the sentiments.
02:16 PM on 06/24/13
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
Explain why.... Any album, movie, TV show, has expectations attached to them because of the artist associated with it. You cannot deny the simple fact that a big name either draws critiscism or praise. It's not a cop out and it's not narrow minded. And I know exactly what I'm talking about when I state opinions that come from my own brain. I think this album is a steaming pile of trash with little to no redeeming qualities and i strongly believe in my statement that the only reason people love it is because it's Kanye and he's so committed to what he does and I give him credit for that. It still doesn't make it good to me. It's impossible because no one is not familiar with Kanye, but i'd love to hear a subjective opinion of this album.
not even gonna try with you.
02:18 PM on 06/24/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.

You'll like this then:

http://cokemachineglow.com/records/kanyewest-yeezus-2013/
02:23 PM on 06/24/13
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Hi again *wave*

Also, I can't read that because there are too many big words and unfamiliar sentance structures. If it talks about how bad this album is though (cliff notes please???) then yes I agree and I appreciate you bringing that to my attention.
02:24 PM on 06/24/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Hi again *wave*

Also, I can't read that because there are too many big words and unfamiliar sentance structures. If it talks about how bad this album is though (cliff notes please???) then yes I agree and I appreciate you bringing that to my attention.

That's sad.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News