Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts
05:56 AM on 06/24/13
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
There might be fewer walls of death, which are very overrated anyway, but mosh pits and circle pits won't be affected. Almost all festivals have signs up saying "No Moshing" in Australia but of course it still happens. It's just so the festival organisers avoid any blame for incidents.

If people don't want to be in a mosh pit, they can either try to work their way to the front where there is less sway, or hang back further where the worst they'll get is some pogo-ing. I don't like circle pits because they're always full of idiots trying to take each other out. I'm a fit guy, I work out and play contact sport, but I want to listen to the music I enjoy, not crash tackle douchebags. So I don't go in circle pits.
05:57 AM on 06/24/13
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
SMART MOVE BY WARPED TOUR... THEY CANT STOP PEOPLE FROM STILL MOSHING, BUT AT LEAST THEY NOW PROTECT THEMSELVES FOR HAVING TO TAKE THE BLAME WHEN SOMEONE GETS HURT
See, what JADEDPUNKHULK said ^^^^^
08:41 PM on 06/24/13
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
I think it is good. I have heard bands say stuff like "this is where we want to see someone bleed" and "find someone to crush". As many others have said people will continue to mosh and that's cool but at least these bands won't be egging people on to do it.

One of my pet peeves is the "Let's see how many crowd surfers can get to the front by the end of this song." Ugh. I like being up front but dealing with scores and scores of crowd surfers is a pain and sometimes they are so close together, they get dropped. When there are less of them it is easier manage them. I'm not saying people shouldn't enjoy the show they way they like but it might be a good thing that bands aren't calling people out to do it.
Crowd surfing needs a weight limit.

Also, it fucking sucks when I'm at or near the front of the mosh and some dick kicks me in the head or worse, just falls on me like a dead weight from above, so I push them forward a little harder than usual to get them off me, and the fuckwit security guard tries to tell me off or warns me I'll be kicked out. It's happened a few times. I've seen people absolutely launched from the front and really get owned, and I'm not doing that. Most of the time there are "No Crowd Surfing" signs and yet I am the one getting in shit.
08:50 PM on 06/24/13
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
Most people don't move anyway, at heavy shows like this it's different though but almost 90% of the time I'm at a show everyone just stands there looking at the band like their aliens.
Everyone hates the grammar po-lice but you implied the people owned the aliens, which I found an amusing notion.
11:14 PM on 06/24/13
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
Sorry, can't always be correct. I was just getting out of the gym.
No need to be sorry, and congrats on your commitment to fitness. I was simply letting you know your comment led to me picturing aliens on a stage, and I thought, "Well, if I'm watching aliens play music, they might as well be MY aliens".
11:24 PM on 06/24/13
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
What about for songs like Goonies and Gaia Bleeds you still think it's out of place? I agree there definitely shouldn't be dancing for some of their songs. I know SYG actually asks for circle pits and 2 steps at their shows. But for the bands that don't have "mosh parts" like these "tumblr" pop punk bands, I truly don't understand.
Alright I'm now feeling old, foreign and just plain out of what. What do you mean by 2-step?
05:38 PM on 06/25/13
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
Wow, okay. Remove the arm swinging and add some lower lip chewing and that is how most guys I know dance to house music whilst under the influence of MDMA. But it is still not as stupid as the original hardcore slam dancing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos