AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 76.
04:19 PM on 06/25/13
rushour144
User Info.
Leave it to August Burns Red to make their past albums seem amateur in comparison to this haha. Constellations was my favorite album of theirs...was...

Great review.
04:44 PM on 06/25/13
jesse_hitz
Juice
User Info.
First off this album is not 100% rating. I like August Burns Red, and if you do then you will like this album. However there really is nothing all that new here. There is a little more experimenting like on Leveler but other than that it's still abr. An 80% would have been just fine. 100% to me means it will be a classic album....this it is not. It's good but not worthy of throwing out that crazy of a score. If you like metalcore check this out. If not then stay away.
06:32 PM on 06/25/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
First off this album is not 100% rating. I like August Burns Red, and if you do then you will like this album. However there really is nothing all that new here. There is a little more experimenting like on Leveler but other than that it's still abr. An 80% would have been just fine. 100% to me means it will be a classic album....this it is not. It's good but not worthy of throwing out that crazy of a score. If you like metalcore check this out. If not then stay away.
You didn't see my first post. The score is irrelevant, I didn't want to attach a score in the first place. All I have to say is that it's "Highly Recommended", which you can see at the bottom.

Thanks for taking the time to read it though, I really appreciate it.
06:34 PM on 06/25/13
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
User Info.
Beauty in Tragedy is so good.
06:48 PM on 06/25/13
jesse_hitz
Juice
User Info.
You didn't see my first post. The score is irrelevant, I didn't want to attach a score in the first place. All I have to say is that it's "Highly Recommended", which you can see at the bottom.

Thanks for taking the time to read it though, I really appreciate it.
I do like your reviews so I really hope you didn't take this as an insult in any way. I did not know you wrote a separate review but I will go check it out. Keep up the good work cheers!
10:18 PM on 06/25/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
I do like your reviews so I really hope you didn't take this as an insult in any way. I did not know you wrote a separate review but I will go check it out. Keep up the good work cheers!
Oh hey, no worries. The score system and the fact that my main focus is on interviews is why I don't do more reviews. I consider myself a strong writer, but I like Drew, Alex, Jason, etc.'s reviews better. Drew was a big reason why I read the website back in 08.

Have a good one.
07:21 AM on 06/26/13
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
I never really checked out this band outside of that Britney Spears cover they did and Carol of the Bells. I'm gonna check this out though. Thanks.
08:56 AM on 06/26/13
meanmedianmoge
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Constellations is still my favorite album but ABR continues to create amazing technical albums and will always impress me. Much better than Leveler, great review
04:46 PM on 06/26/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Is this better or equal to Yeezus?
kanye west better than ABR? LOLOLOLOLOL
05:55 PM on 06/26/13
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
There are songs. There ARE songs.
07:07 PM on 06/26/13
jesse_hitz
Juice
User Info.
Oh hey, no worries. The score system and the fact that my main focus is on interviews is why I don't do more reviews. I consider myself a strong writer, but I like Drew, Alex, Jason, etc.'s reviews better. Drew was a big reason why I read the website back in 08.

Have a good one.
I find they should change the rating system up now to something a little different, but yeah those guys are good reviewers. Good to take after them. Cheers man look forward to reading you next one!
12:41 PM on 06/27/13
PaperLantern
New Valencia in 2010!
User Info.
No chance man. Leveler was just them shooting for this album and missing. They kept trying to inject slow, melodic parts into the songs on Leveler and they just didn't flow. These songs flow with the melodic and heavy parts together, rather than just stopping altogether and forcing a part of the song that didn't need to be there.

I don't know, just my opinion.
I disagree, I think the slower parts on Leveler fit in the songs well and flowed perfectly, especially on Internal Cannon.
02:27 PM on 06/27/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
I disagree, I think the slower parts on Leveler fit in the songs well and flowed perfectly, especially on Internal Cannon.
The song literally stops and then they go into that ill advised Mediterranean bridge that ruins the song. I'm all for experimenting with your music, but Internal Cannon is probably my biggest example of the bad songwriting exhibited on Leveler.
03:45 PM on 06/27/13
PaperLantern
New Valencia in 2010!
User Info.
The song literally stops and then they go into that ill advised Mediterranean bridge that ruins the song. I'm all for experimenting with your music, but Internal Cannon is probably my biggest example of the bad songwriting exhibited on Leveler.
The song doesn't stop. There's a pause right before the first slower break, but it continues right after that using a similar chord progression, just cleaner. Agree to disagree I guess.
06:13 AM on 06/28/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
I was just going to say that Denning is improving as a writer and then I saw punctuation outside of quotation marks and a few choice sentences and now all my hair has been pulled out congrats you did it again.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums