Username
Password
Band Break-Up News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Band Break-Up
Inside AP.net

With The Punches To Go On Hiatus

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (06/25/13)
After five years as a band, With The Punches are going on a hiatus. The band has announced four last tour dates that you can find in the replies.
After 5 years, 2 EP's, 1 LP, 3 Continents, 4 Vehicles, and a few hundred shows, With The Punches is sad to announce that we will be going on hiatus for a while. We would like to thank everyone who ever took the time to listen to our band, everyone who supported us in any way, and those of you who went above and beyond and helped us keep it together at times where falling apart could have so easilly happened. We will be doing a run of last shows in August (the dates of which are listed below) in which we will be playing as many of our songs as time will allow. We would love to see as many friends at these shows as possible and will post the individual show information via all our social networking sites. Thank you for making this everything it became and so much more than we ever dreamed.
In conjunction with the final shows we are proud to announce that we have partnered with our friends at Panic State Records to release a limited farewell pressing of our first two EP's on 12" Vinyl. Supplies will be very limited and pre-orders will be announced in the coming weeks. We will have any remaining copies for sale at the merch table at the shows

Thank you for everything this became,
With The Punches

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 35
07:48 AM on 06/25/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
07:53 AM on 06/25/13
fothermucker
Show's over, mother fuckers.
User Info.
Such a bummer to see them go, but I suppose it's a good thing Philly gets one of their farewell shows.
07:55 AM on 06/25/13
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
It sounds like they're breaking up, as opposed to taking a hiatus.
07:57 AM on 06/25/13
ThereWeWere
User Info.
Sucks. These guys were great
07:57 AM on 06/25/13
DemBitties
I ended up as food for wolves
User Info.
It was a blast having these guys play a backyard in Jersey. Best of luck to the band!
07:58 AM on 06/25/13
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
They were the first "bigger" pop-punk band to help teach me the ropes. They always believed in what I was doing and always tried to push me to do better. I'm so incredibly sad we never got to tour together.

On the other hand, my girlfriend and I are incredibly excited to attend these last shows to celebrate such a cool band. See you guys soon!
08:01 AM on 06/25/13
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
I always liked this song and a few others:

They reminded me of Valencia a bit (especially the vocals, which sometimes you can easily mistake for Shane Henderson's).

The band kicked ass when they wanted to.. when they slowed down, it became a pretty boring effort that blended into a sea of similar-sounding bands. The last full-length was butchered by whoever produced it.
08:03 AM on 06/25/13
hiya
User Info.
Such a bummer, their shows are always a fun time. I'll for sure be at that LI date.
08:10 AM on 06/25/13
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
Their last full-length was great, fuck the haters.
08:30 AM on 06/25/13
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
Damn - such a great band. I wanted to see these guys live for a while now - guess it's going to have to wait longer.

Those shows should be awesome though!

Thanks for the great records!
09:25 AM on 06/25/13
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.
Gutted.
09:37 AM on 06/25/13
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
User Info.
A break-up that actually has me bummed, it's been a while.. Sad, such a underrated band
09:37 AM on 06/25/13
TSLataris
Representin' the 514
User Info.
Bummer. One of the better pop-punk bands out there today. So underrated.
10:06 AM on 06/25/13
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
It's sad that they're going on hiatus after releasing their best record. Seams And Stitches showed a lot of progression from the easycore-esque sonorities of their EPs.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests