AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Owen News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Stream New Owen Album

Posted by - 03:15 PM on 06/25/13
You can stream the new Owen record, L'Ami Du Peuple, over at Spin.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23
03:19 PM on 06/25/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Great record
04:18 PM on 06/25/13
dearmsterri
User Info.
Waiting until I get it in the mail before I listen. Can't wait.
04:57 PM on 06/25/13
seanr91
User Info.
fanastic album.
05:13 PM on 06/25/13
The Summer Ends
COYS
User Info.
so good, wow
05:21 PM on 06/25/13
rushour144
User Info.
Got it in the mail yesterday. The first listen didn't hook me as much as Ghost Town did, but this is a phenomenal album. Mike really can do now wrong. Love how A Fever sounds will full instrumentation.
05:39 PM on 06/25/13
promisemedan
User Info.
Fantastic record.
06:14 PM on 06/25/13
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
i really hope time is kind to this man, because presently, i can't think of a more under appreciated artist.

really lets take everything into account.

for one, every record has that trademark Owen sound while all being totally different from each other, with no drop in quality over time at all. no easy feat, I'd say. secondly, take into account how complex most of his songs are, and how fully thought out and orchestrated they are. that's all impressive enough to win just about anyone over. then theres his lyrical abilities, which by now I shouldn't even have to address anymore. then throw on top of that, the guy is better than most bands are overall at their own instruments.

i'm hard pressed to think of a more talented overall musician than Mike Kinsella, for his era.
06:45 PM on 06/25/13
Collaptic
User Info.
i really hope time is kind to this man, because presently, i can't think of a more under appreciated artist.

for one, every record has that trademark Owen sound while all being totally different from each other, with no drop in quality over time at all. no easy feat, I'd say. secondly, take into account how complex most of his songs are, and how fully thought out and orchestrated they are. that's all impressive enough to win just about anyone over. then theres his lyrical abilities, which by now I shouldn't even have to address anymore. then throw on top of that, the guy is better than most bands are overall at their own instruments.

i'm hard pressed to think of a more talented overall musician than Mike Kinsella, for his era.
this
06:58 PM on 06/25/13
BlackTaxi2d
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i am in love with this record. and blues to black is one of the most beautiful songs ever made.

the way his vocals fit on this album is really unlike anything else i've ever heard. his voice is so subdued, but the emotion in the lyrics and the power in the music really shine through. it's a great juxtaposition.
07:58 PM on 06/25/13
ChadMaxey
tpf
User Info.
Ugh, it's so good.
09:03 PM on 06/25/13
yourbiggestflan
Wiw-yum Penn Eye-way!
User Info.
diggin' it.
12:14 AM on 06/26/13
rushour144
User Info.

This. You said what all Owen fans are thinking so eloquently! Thank you!
06:57 AM on 06/26/13
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
User Info.
I really enjoyed this on first listen.
08:41 AM on 06/26/13
Spartan789013
I have unpopular opinions
User Info.
This album is ballin.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News