AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Starting Line News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Starting Line Announce Christmas Show

Posted by - 11:58 AM on 06/26/13
The Starting Line will be playing a holiday show at Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ on December 29th. Pre-sale tickets are available here with the password TSLNJ.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
11:58 AM on 06/26/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
12:01 PM on 06/26/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
wondering if they have any plans for new material.
12:16 PM on 06/26/13
bigfoamfinger
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Luck is an amazing song, but I really hope they come out with some more new stuff. These regional shows are cool and all, but I'd hate the see them fade away because they don't release any new material.
12:22 PM on 06/26/13
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.

Think this is asked in every The Starting Line thread. Band really needs to put out something even if its just recorded version of Luck to tide us fans over.
12:41 PM on 06/26/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
I'll bet anyone $50 that this show will be postponed.
01:03 PM on 06/26/13
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
Luck is an amazing song, but I really hope they come out with some more new stuff. These regional shows are cool and all, but I'd hate the see them fade away because they don't release any new material.
I think the band has long since faded away.
Maybe we'll get an EP/split from them one day, but a full length just makes no sense.
The future of this band if any is one off shows ... they just never retained the momentum and fanbase they had after Say It Like You Mean It for it to make any fiscal sense to be a full time band again.
01:07 PM on 06/26/13
parkerxcore
parker_anderson
User Info.
I'll bet anyone $50 that this show will be postponed.
Why do you say that?
01:23 PM on 06/26/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
For 2 years in a row, Starting Line's Starland Holiday show has been postponed due to weather related incidents. There was a snow storm in 2011 and last year was Hurricane Sandy.
01:47 PM on 06/26/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
New

Song

NOW. Fuck guys..
02:02 PM on 06/26/13
Jat
Where you been?
User Info.
This was posted by their facebook account in response to someone asking for new material... "you're missing the point that TSL broke up, everyone has jobs and typical lives other than Ken who has some new bands. We're all still friends and enjoy playing a few shows every year but we have other responsibilities. We love our fans very much but we love our families more. Paying rent and putting food on the table for our families comes first before dropping that and touring and recording and not providing at home."
02:11 PM on 06/26/13
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
Didn't these guys say they had some big announcement coming months and months ago?
02:33 PM on 06/26/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
This was posted by their facebook account in response to someone asking for new material... "you're missing the point that TSL broke up, everyone has jobs and typical lives other than Ken who has some new bands. We're all still friends and enjoy playing a few shows every year but we have other responsibilities. We love our fans very much but we love our families more. Paying rent and putting food on the table for our families comes first before dropping that and touring and recording and not providing at home."

All understandable but they actually said they were on hiatus and hinted at them coming back in the future multiple times. Also I don't think it's hard to even ask for a studio version of "Luck" after we been waiting for years.
02:38 PM on 06/26/13
trevorshmevor
User Info.

As heartbreaking as this is to read, it's so true. I'd love more than almost anything in the music world for this band to put out another album, but I know in my mind that it realistically will never happen. Their fans from back in their heyday have grown up now and likely all have jobs too (myself included) and maybe even families. They should realize that putting the time aside to write, record, and possibly tour an album can't really happen at this point.
02:58 PM on 06/26/13
Supernova
Stuck In An Elevator
User Info.
Pull a Blink-182 and email parts back and forth just to get Luck recorded. That's all I ask.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos