Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts
05:59 AM on 07/01/13
Ryan Dennehy
Great review. Need to check this out.

And are you a new staff member?
Thanks! I obviously recommend it. And yes, I was just brought on staff a few days ago. This is my first review for the site.

i learned it from watching YOU okay!!
07:06 AM on 07/01/13
Ryan Dennehy
Awesome album, simply awesome. Good review but I could never call Sigur Ros a post rock band...and I am not sure they were ever pigeon holed into that ..

Isjaki and Stormur are amazing.
I just wasn't sure what else to refer to them as - they certainly are unique within that genre which makes it even harder. There aren't a lot of reference points for the band outside of their own work. Which is sort of what I'm getting at with the "pigeonholed" thing, they're certainly unique but they've been working themselves into a fairly predictable (though rewarding) sound with little variations on each record.

Very, very well-written. A band I'm not all that familiar with, but this review left me with a lot of clarity on how the record might sound. Kudos, might have to seek the album out.
I definitely recommend it, as well as most of their other material.
Great review!

This really echoes how I feel about Kveikur; I adore the more distorted, electronic-touched tracks on this (Kveikur itself was a nice surprise after seeing the live version) and although many people seems to love Stormur etc. they just don't sit well with me as more than 'generic' Sigur Ros. I'm happy someone mentioned Bláþráður too, it's one of my favourites from the album although I'm not quites ure why.
I really like "Stormur" but it just feels like it could have been taken a little bit further into the new sound.

Thanks for reading and the kind words guys
07:23 AM on 07/01/13
Ryan Dennehy
Fantastic review. Would expect nothing less from my boy. Definitely hit all the major points of the album.

Amazing album too. Probably my second favorite of theirs.
luv you babe couldn't do it without you
09:54 AM on 07/01/13
Ryan Dennehy
Great review/good on you for the staff position.
:)
Best review on the site that I've seen in awhile. This album continues to amaze me.

AOTY.

Also, I think they've generally been regarded as a post-rock band for a decade-plus now. It's not too far out of the realm of sensible consciousness to continue calling them that, even if this is a major step in their evolution.
pretty much this
12:23 PM on 10/17/13
Ryan Dennehy
Hey man I never actually read this review when you published it cause I was in the desert n shit, but mad props--this is good stuff, made me want to revisit this album when I've kinda cooled off on it recently.
glad to hear it! its my favorite from them at this point

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version