AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
12:28 AM on 07/02/13
rushour144
User Info.
I have been thinking a lot about YNE in comparison to this and all the other Transit albums, and I was at first defensive about the naysayers, but now I have to get on board. I wholeheartedly feel that YNE would have been WAY better if the production had been better...namely the mastering. I researched who they got to master their album, and he mainly does like super indie low budget blues artists...that could explain a lot. I have a feeling the next Transit album will sound so much better production wise.

Anyways, this is amazing. I heard 30 seconds and ended up pre-ordering the LP and CD. Joe sounds, as everyone has said, the best he has sounded in ages. Super impressed!
12:55 AM on 07/02/13
rushour144
User Info.
its funny with all production comments that its the same producer as YNE
You're thinking mixer. Gary Cioffi has been Transit's mixer (and producer up until YNE) since Torre (his son) came on board. The producer decides how an album will sound, in general, and Gary has great taste (hence the quality of this and L&F) but YNE's producer (Ted Hutt, not Gary) did not have the band in mind, in my opinion.
08:50 PM on 07/03/13
rushour144
User Info.
Oh, so Gary produced this? I should've known, the dude knows how to do vocals (check out some strangers debut for more proof). It's really a bummer he didn't do all of young New England. It wouldn't have been perfect by any means, but it would've been a heck of a lot better.
No, he mixed it...which is why it's so strange...and why it makes me question who mastered it. Gary could've recorded everything fine, but the mixer could have done a crappy job mixing. Gary produced Promise Nothing EP and L&F but not YNE.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests