Username
Password
Books News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Books
Inside AP.net

Lamb of God Frontman to Release Memoir Next Year

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (07/02/13)
Lamb of God frontman Randy Blythe has written a memoir, which is tentatively set to be released in Spring 2014 via Da Capo Press.
While I've dreamed of being a published author almost since I began to read, I never imagined my first book would center around such a sad topic. Sometimes though, life unexpectedly provides you a story that needs to be told. I believe this one does (for several different reasons, not just for the benefit of myself), so I will tell it with the respect and dignity all involved deserve. This will be a good read, I promise you, and I hope some good comes of it.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 35.
10:01 AM on 07/02/13
cowlord
stahp
User Info.
Welp...
10:08 AM on 07/02/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He actually killed someone by throwing them off of a stage. Lets see the hate train roll in on here!
10:10 AM on 07/02/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
He actually killed someone by throwing them off of a stage. Lets see the hate train roll in on here!
He was not at fault. He was acquitted of all charges.
10:44 AM on 07/02/13
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.
Morally he was responsible, and if you've read anything from Randy since the beginning, he feels absolutely terrible about it. Ultimately the security and promoter were held accountable for the kid's death, and he was acquitted. There should be no hate, because Randy is one of the nicest and most caring people in the entire music scene.
11:00 AM on 07/02/13
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
how come everytime something like this happens, a book is always written? I mean I was totally on Randy's side with this situation (as was most people), but still.
11:19 AM on 07/02/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Don't anyone get all pissed at me because I know it makes no sense, but my first thought at seeing the headline was:

11:56 AM on 07/02/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Morally he was responsible, and if you've read anything from Randy since the beginning, he feels absolutely terrible about it. Ultimately the security and promoter were held accountable for the kid's death, and he was acquitted. There should be no hate, because Randy is one of the nicest and most caring people in the entire music scene.

Oh I'm not saying that. The point was, he threw a member off stage and because of that that fan is now dead. But it seems this site can overlook that.

But. Ronnie Radke threw a microphone stand and hit a kid. Since then, Ronnie has made right with that fan in more than one way. Yet, the site constantly brings that up.

I agree it was an accident, and it's a situation that resulted in him killing someone But why is it okay for him and not someone else?
11:57 AM on 07/02/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Dear, diary. Today I murdered a guy.
12:09 PM on 07/02/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
Oh I'm not saying that. The point was, he threw a member off stage and because of that that fan is now dead. But it seems this site can overlook that.

But. Ronnie Radke threw a microphone stand and hit a kid. Since then, Ronnie has made right with that fan in more than one way. Yet, the site constantly brings that up.

I agree it was an accident, and it's a situation that resulted in him killing someone But why is it okay for him and not someone else?

Do you have to bring in Ronnie to everything? The Ronnie situation and this situation are different contexts.
12:15 PM on 07/02/13
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.

[quote]
You could argue it's the fans fault for climbing on stage, too. But it's also the fault of security for not keeping fans off of it. All in all, it was an accident.
Quote:
The site constantly brings Ronnie up because A) his music is terrible, B) people hate him and C) it increases site traffic.

Quote:

The fan died as a result of an accident. He's not entirely to blame. And why it's "okay for him and not someone else" is subjective, based on opinion and situation.
12:24 PM on 07/02/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
He was not at fault. He was acquitted of all charges.
Exactly, it's horrible what happened, but the videos that leaked online show what happens at concerts everywhere. If anything, the security guard pushed the guy, and Randy was the second pusher, but appears to barely even get a hand on the kid.
12:29 PM on 07/02/13
TheRealJohnOC
I've seen 701 bands/artists live
User Info.
Best time to do it. LoG will be on tour for quite awhile. They're borderline bankrupt according to (I want to say) Metal Sucks.
12:37 PM on 07/02/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
[quote=subplotofcrows;123993991]
Quote:
You could argue it's the fans fault for climbing on stage, too. But it's also the fault of security for not keeping fans off of it. All in all, it was an accident.

The site constantly brings Ronnie up because A) his music is terrible, B) people hate him and C) it increases site traffic.

The fan died as a result of an accident. He's not entirely to blame. And why it's "okay for him and not someone else" is subjective, based on opinion and situation.

I'm not saying anything about Randy, or whatever. Because he wasn't trying to kill or hurt anyone. My point was, if Ronnie did the same exact thing the site would flip out and say it's entirely his fault and spew tons of hate.

It's really not all that different than throwing a microphone stand dumbly with no intention of hurting someone. Except, that kid who was hurt is still alive and Ronnie did a lot to apologize to the kid, and keep him as a fan.
01:17 PM on 07/02/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
[quote=UnderMyDreams;123994671]

I'm not saying anything about Randy, or whatever. Because he wasn't trying to kill or hurt anyone. My point was, if Ronnie did the same exact thing the site would flip out and say it's entirely his fault and spew tons of hate.

It's really not all that different than throwing a microphone stand dumbly with no intention of hurting someone. Except, that kid who was hurt is still alive and Ronnie did a lot to apologize to the kid, and keep him as a fan.
You're talking as if Randy murdered someone in cold blood. He had no intention of hurting someone and also apologized endlessly, not to mention he and his bandmates lost hundreds of thousands of dollars for bail, court appearances, missed tours, etc.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS