AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

POZ Decade: Armor For Sleep's "Dream To Make...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (07/03/13)
PropertyOfZack has posted a new "Decade" article on Armor For Sleep's's Dream To Make Believe featuring commentary from Ben Jorgensen here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
12:44 PM on 07/03/13
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
I enjoy this album. I will disagree about Raindrops though.
03:49 PM on 07/03/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
It's a good album, but sometimes all I can think of while listening to it is: "Why am I listening to this and not What To Do When You Are Dead?"
04:02 PM on 07/03/13
circasurvivor
User Info.
It's a good album, but sometimes all I can think of while listening to it is: "Why am I listening to this and not What To Do When You Are Dead?"
04:22 PM on 07/03/13
sickydicky
outlander!
User Info.
good album sophomore year
05:25 PM on 07/03/13
inevitable
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pretty much
05:35 PM on 07/03/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Classic album. Really cool input from Ben.
05:36 PM on 07/03/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Awesome...I actually prefer this to WTDWYAD. Being Your Walls is he best track imo.
05:36 PM on 07/03/13
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
Miss that band so goddamn much. Never thought raindrops was that essential though. Being Your Walls, Frost and Front Steps, Dream to Make Believe. Those are my favorites.
08:01 PM on 07/03/13
duckingfyslexic
www.facebook.com/stjameshotel
User Info.
This is one of my all time favorite albums. I def prefer this to WTDWYAD, but both are great albums.
08:21 PM on 07/03/13
js977
js977
User Info.
a really cool read. definitely one of my favorite albums
also good to see Ben still really cares for those songs; too many bands just dismiss their early stuff for the immaturity
02:51 AM on 07/04/13
Erik Bihl
I Like Music
User Info.
My favorite AFS album. My favorite album of all time. Can't explain how much these guys mean to me. Happy 10 years to DTMB!
08:48 AM on 07/04/13
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I wasn't in love with Raindrop but that album had just as many killer songs as WTDWYD. The only difference is that it was raw and messy and almost garagebandy, but that's what made the album honest and real. It is hard to listen to sometimes, but it's a great one. However the difference in the first and second album are huge, he really did grow in a short time.

Taking Back Sunday and Midtown tour back in the early 2000s must have been KILLER! I remember they toured with TBS and Underoath at the later part of the career and I went for them and Underoath cause TBS was falling off.

/true story
07:03 PM on 07/04/13
nbtobias
User Info.
Always will be a excellent album, usually give it a listen every year in the winter time.
03:44 AM on 07/07/13
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
Definitely a too mood-oriented play with this album, though the good songs are GREAT. "Being Your Walls", "Kind of Perfect" and "My Town" are the flagship songs, "Armor For Sleep" and "Slip Like Space" are what really give you a glimpse into the dream-pop sound they would be so well-known for in the future.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests