Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 8 posts.
04:11 AM on 07/04/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
This was a fantastic idea, a lot of fun, very informative

Also, it's nice to see I the Mighty still in the news here. I hate it when bands have a lot of hype and have lots of stories in the news and in the forums, yet when the album drops

they just disappear.

No bueno.

Staff review of Satori, please!!! :D

EDIT:

also just wrote a new blog post that's partially about I the Mighty's track-by-track, as well as being fairly interesting, funnier than I usually am in person, and also about Jimmy Eat World, Every Time I Die, and Kanye

http://alexandermachine.wordpress.co...eps-happening/
04:12 AM on 07/04/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
Cool to listen to - didn't realise some of the lyrics were so politically fuelled (aside from the more obvious ones). Amazing album.
right? never would've guessed "Occupatience" was literally about the Occupy Movement, haha
07:27 AM on 07/04/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
This.

definirely been waiting for a staff review.

I feel like too many Absolute100s don't get reviews, even though the Absolute100 bands should, in my opinion, be a priority. I'm pretty sure we didn't get one for K Sera and I'll wait to see if one for Night Verses comes out
03:28 PM on 07/04/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
It's in the works, and would have been up before the record even released. Unfortunately, due to leak culture, many labels don't send out advances until it's farrrr too late (hence why only one review made the internet before the album stream). And only one of us works on APnet as a career, so real life gets in the way.

Would love to finish the review of a great record, but it hasn't been prioritized unfortunately, since other labels managed to get us records in a reasonable time frame.
thanks for letting us know it's coming! That's good enough for me :)

any word on a K Sera review, also? sorry for the random question
05:40 PM on 07/04/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
Shameless plug, but Jack was a big reason I got to hear K Sera in advance, so here's my review for Mind Equals Blown if you're interested.

http://mindequalsblown.net/2013/02/2...d-near-misses/
nice! Good review, Steve. I love the album, too. I especially agree with you about "True Enough to Be Interesting" and the bridge to "Ambien" which are probably my two favorite songs on the album for almost precisely the reasons you mentioned.

may I match your shameless plug with a shameless plug of the blog I just wrote that's partially about the I the Mighty track-by-track?? haha

http://alexandermachine.wordpress.co...eps-happening/
12:51 PM on 07/05/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
I enjoyed the read :)
thanks! :D

so what have been some more of your favorite records this year, besides I the Mighty and K Sera?
01:50 PM on 07/05/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
NK - Nothing To Be Gained and Night Verses - Lift Your Existence both have been on repeat for me
I hadn't heard of NK! Checking them out now, love triplecrown records, though
02:06 PM on 07/05/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
Awesome! I hope you enjoy!
Well needless to say, at first I was quite shocked by the style! And I kind of hated it.

But now "Memo" and "Customer", which are just faaaaaaantastic :D
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests