Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 56.
05:40 AM on 07/05/13
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
I do not listen to this type of music normally, but there's something about Issues that draws me in. I was obsessed with that Princeton Ave song. Dig this too
05:43 AM on 07/05/13
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
Production sounds a step up from "black diamonds" Really digging the song. Sorta glad they haven't just gone for Woe, is me 'part 2' and changed it up a bit.
06:08 AM on 07/05/13
B.Leibo
User Info.
Get rid of the electronics and I'm on board.
07:08 AM on 07/05/13
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
Get rid of the electronics and I'm on board.
This. Seems kinda gimmicky
07:22 AM on 07/05/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Woe, Is me is absolutely terrible now. That will happen when just about every single member of the band has been replaced. Terrible lyrics, no rhythm. It's pretty repetitive. I like Issues. That being said it gets a little poppy at times but catchy at the same time.
at least change the band name. I remember when they played in my city a few years back and they were like "our families always doubted this band and said we would never make it." well fast forward they are all gone lol.

issues will blow up though. They will be as big as A Day To Remember in no time.
07:32 AM on 07/05/13
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is decent but my problem with this sing/scream style at the minute is just the lack of flow. The production has become so clean and so polished that the transition between heavy parts and the singing is so jarring like they shouldn't be in the same song. Also the vocals are way to R&B for this song. His voice is okay (I don't like it nearly as much as most people seem to) but in this song, it just doesn't work. No synergy between the verses and the chorus.

Also, what's with the DJ scratching? I don't think I've heard that in a song since hybrid theory. It sounds corny and outdated.
07:34 AM on 07/05/13
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
awsome song

woe is better tho
07:42 AM on 07/05/13
Supernova
Stuck In An Elevator
User Info.
For what it is, its done well.
07:53 AM on 07/05/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
at least change the band name. I remember when they played in my city a few years back and they were like "our families always doubted this band and said we would never make it." well fast forward they are all gone lol.

issues will blow up though. They will be as big as A Day To Remember in no time.
disagree on them ever getting to ADTR's popularity. Their rise was because they were able to appeal to both the _____core and pop-punk fans, something Issues probably won't be able to do.
07:55 AM on 07/05/13
SweetThye
esta noche sera mia
User Info.
The whole point of the band is to create the music THEY want to create which is a unique and even haphazard at times mix of hip hop/pop/R&B/metalcore and whatever else. I personally love how different it is. There aren't too many bands out there in the Rise-core scene that are trying something new.

That being said, I don't think the band will ever write one of my favorite records of all time, but they will probably always be a guilty pleasure of mine as long as they continue to stay true to themselves as they have been.
08:13 AM on 07/05/13
B.Leibo
User Info.
He also so occasionally sounds like Craig David in his soft cleans haha.
08:25 AM on 07/05/13
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
Good track, decent video. I love the electronics...
08:35 AM on 07/05/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
Honestly this is the only Risecore band doing it right.
check out hands like houses.
08:43 AM on 07/05/13
Bruycker
User Info.
that outro is good. And the production is a huge step up. I like this production way more than a lot of the rise bands.
08:59 AM on 07/05/13
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
Woe, Is Me > issues
tyler carter is a fucking tool
So much wrongness in one post.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates