Username
Password
AFI News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AFI
Inside AP.net

Another New AFI Video Clip

Posted by: Jason Tate (07/05/13)
Another video from AFI, entitled "The Rite", can be found in the replies. Sounds like a few quick snippets of a song (with vocals) near the end.

Submitted by chrisdazzo

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
10:33 AM on 07/05/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
10:46 AM on 07/05/13
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
I'm sick of this cryptic stuff. Let's just hear a song already so I can be disappointed that the new album doesn't sound like The Art of Drowning.
11:23 AM on 07/05/13
bradthoc
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm sick of this cryptic stuff. Let's just hear a song already so I can be disappointed that the new album doesn't sound like The Art of Drowning.
You need an actual song to tell you that? I feel like you're going to be super disappointed.
12:17 PM on 07/05/13
HopeInLove
User Info.
Getting super pumped..although its not much, the vocals you do hear sound promising..haha.
12:53 PM on 07/05/13
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.

Dude, The Art of Drowning is never happening again. They already made that album. If you wanna hear that just go listen to that album (which is what I'll probably do once I finish typing this, actually).

Personally, I love the fact that AFI isn't or of those bands that releases the same album over and over. I'm stoked for this new album. Don't forget, their constant change is what gave us TAOD in the first place. That's their fifth album. Can you imagine if all of their albums still sounded like Answer That twenty+ years later?
01:16 PM on 07/05/13
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
Dude, The Art of Drowning is never happening again. They already made that album. If you wanna hear that just go listen to that album (which is what I'll probably do once I finish typing this, actually).

Personally, I love the fact that AFI isn't or of those bands that releases the same album over and over. I'm stoked for this new album. Don't forget, their constant change is what gave us TAOD in the first place. That's their fifth album. Can you imagine if all of their albums still sounded like Answer That twenty+ years later?
I'd be okay with that.

Just saying, I didn't like the direction they headed in with Decemberunderground and Crash Love.
01:26 PM on 07/05/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
I'd be okay with that.

Just saying, I didn't like the direction they headed in with Decemberunderground and Crash Love.
STS and DU were amazing albums back to back. Crash Love...no. AFI always had this creepy vibe to them, very Halloweenish and Crash Love lacked that...
01:30 PM on 07/05/13
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
I'd be okay with that.

Those albums were nowhere near as good as Sing the Sorrow, I fully agree; but what I don't understand is how people can want a band to release the same album over and over. I mean, wouldn't it just be easier to listen to that album instead of expecting a band to write that album again and getting disappointed?

I do hope the next album is darker (like STS), but I don't want it to sound like a collection of Sing the Sorrow b-sides. I still want it to be something new, evolved and different while still being AFI.
01:37 PM on 07/05/13
MarkJ801
User Info.
Hell ya! I personally think this slow build up is an awesome way to get fans excited, rather than just releasing a song out of the blue. We already know that the single will be out by August.
03:56 PM on 07/05/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
I'm getting a creepy-ish depeche mode vibe
05:34 PM on 07/05/13
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
User Info.
I love the vibe they're creating for this album. Here's hoping it lives up to my expectations.
06:36 PM on 07/05/13
drtomoe123
User Info.
STS and DU were amazing albums back to back. Crash Love...no. AFI always had this creepy vibe to them, very Halloweenish and Crash Love lacked that...
decemberunderground was okay, but Crash Love was legit.
06:48 PM on 07/05/13
HopeInLove
User Info.
I hope the new album is heavy, lots of screaming/gang vocals..I really disliked most of the lyrics on CL to be honest, I have always loved Davey's poetic, dark lyrics..CL was bland, straight forward radio rock for the most part...Also, they need to aim for a similar sound, at the very least to STS, that album was sonically amazing, those guitar tones, the drums, everything sounded so good.
07:30 PM on 07/05/13
xxdeadawakexx
CosmopolitanBloodloss
User Info.
i hope this album is a little more aggressive than Crash Love. I'm going to go out and say that is my least favorite album by AFI. Nothing will ever top Black Sails, Art of Drowning, and Sing the Sorrow.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums