AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
12:14 PM on 07/05/13
The_Effort
User Info.
Is he implying that Dr. Dre's The Chronic is NOT pop punk?! THE NERVE!
01:27 PM on 07/05/13
The_Effort
User Info.
You see, this guy could be really great at spreading punk knowledge and trying to get people into newer "pop-punk" and the like to check out the classic stuff he likes, but instead he decides to act like the grandpa shaking his cane at hooligans on his lawn, just giving old school punk fans a bad name. At least with the "Jaded" part we know he's self-aware.

That's kinda the point though- it's satire... At least I think it is.
01:56 PM on 07/05/13
The_Effort
User Info.
Nah, I don't think the site is really pure satire. They play on the humor of being angry at this perceived watering-down of punk music, but the intention hardly seems to be to make a point about the mindset.
Eh yeah that makes sense. Regardless it's meant to be humorous is what I mean. Perhaps satire was the wrong word
03:40 PM on 07/05/13
The_Effort
User Info.
You never listened to the Descendents or Alkaline Trio? You sir are really missing out.
I love your avatar
07:33 PM on 07/06/13
The_Effort
User Info.
While I don't normally bother arguing in the Internet, I'm a 23 year old woman and I love most of the records on this list, haha. Plus, as someone else already pointed out, not all of these records are old, that Masked Intruder record hasn't even been out for 1 year yet. In my opinion all the music on both lists is good (except I really don't like Simple Plan and Bowling for Soup) and it's totally possible to enjoy both.
Agree with all of this completely. Except I'm a 21 year old male. Only difference.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos