Username
Password

Comments: Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 150 of 180
01:24 PM on 07/10/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Album is just alright. Not quite as strong as Fake History. Either that or the band's novelty has just worn thin for me. I'll have to go back to FH to find out. Some of the tracks here are downright unlistenable. That being said, I would say Virgin Dirt and 27 Club are probably their strongest songs to date.

Production is just atrocious and I have a really hard time believing it's intentional. Sure, they tried to stray from the norm of the "everything-level-and-clean" style and go for something a bit more raw but the levels are so out of sync with this is so many places that make absolutely no sense. I'm chalking it up to it being self-produced and just possibly trial-and-error.
01:31 PM on 07/10/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
Album is just alright. Not quite as strong as Fake History. Either that or the band's novelty has just worn thin for me. I'll have to go back to FH to find out. Some of the tracks here are downright unlistenable. That being said, I would say Virgin Dirt and 27 Club are probably their strongest songs to date.

Production is just atrocious and I have a really hard time believing it's intentional. Sure, they tried to stray from the norm of the "everything-level-and-clean" style and go for something a bit more raw but the levels are so out of sync with this is so many places that make absolutely no sense. I'm chalking it up to it being self-produced and just possibly trial-and-error.
yeah like, there's a way to go for the raw unhinged production sound and still make it sound good. this album sounds like shit. there is no way around it.
01:35 PM on 07/10/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
yeah like, there's a way to go for the raw unhinged production sound and still make it sound good. this album sounds like shit. there is no way around it.
Exactly.
01:43 PM on 07/10/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this album and band are ground breaking.....and will blow the fuck up
02:15 PM on 07/10/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.

Which tracks would you say are unlistenable? I feel like I find this one probably more consistent than FH just because there's no tracks on here I'd skip yet but it also doesn't have any tracks as great as something like The Sick, Sick 6.8 Billion imo..
02:42 PM on 07/10/13
BozzBlonde
twitter.com/adeadgod
User Info.
Surprised by the lack of talk on the lyrics of this album. Very blatant most of the time (because I'm a fan of imagery), but holy shit, that doesn't take away from the messages he's trying to convey this time around, which I think are summed up very well, overall, in the last minute or so of "27 Club." Sitting down with the lyrics is what made this album click so fast with me.

This album is phenomenal, especially within the vocal delivery of "The Dope Beat" and "27 Club." I don't understand the dismay with the choruses this time around. Were you not present for Fake History? They were there too, in the same capacity.

Fuck talking about the production. They still get their point across, musically and thematically.
03:39 PM on 07/10/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Which tracks would you say are unlistenable? I feel like I find this one probably more consistent than FH just because there's no tracks on here I'd skip yet but it also doesn't have any tracks as great as something like The Sick, Sick 6.8 Billion imo..
White America, Fear and Used Cars are all awful.
03:56 PM on 07/10/13
Steve Alcala
facebook.com/stevealcalaart
User Info.
White America, Fear and Used Cars are all awful.

White America is my favorite on the album. I really dislike Pheromone Cvlt because it sounds like a b side from Pierce the Veil
04:00 PM on 07/10/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
White America is my favorite on the album. I really dislike Pheromone Cvlt because it sounds like a b side from Pierce the Veil
Pheromone Cvlt is my favourite on the album and I don't like PTV at all. White America's my least favourite on the record, still enjoy it though.
04:01 PM on 07/10/13
vivatoto56
from Milan to Minsk
User Info.
White America's chorus doesn't sound finished, I cant stand it.

The way the drums sound in it make me nauseous.
04:03 PM on 07/10/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
White America could be a Avenged Sevenfold bside so
04:04 PM on 07/10/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
i dont think we're listening to the same song.
04:05 PM on 07/10/13
Steve Alcala
facebook.com/stevealcalaart
User Info.
Confused by this. I must have missed the cock rock solo
04:06 PM on 07/10/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
i could lay out about 20 reasons why white america sounds nothing like aveneged sevenfold but it would prove that i know far too much about a7x's music not to be made fun of so i'll just ~bow out!
04:11 PM on 07/10/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
not really.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles