No Avatar Selected
Will Anton ever come back?
Sup. Still here.
10:12 PM on 07/11/13
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Questions:

- How difficult is it to get past bias from bands when it comes to objectively talking about their music? Jason, I know you have said that the people in the band influence your opinion on whether or not you'll want to listen to the music, regardless of how good or not it is. How tough is it to separate your feelings to remain a fair critic?

- Both of you are way older than you were when AP.net first came into your life, do you try to keep the direction of the site consistent with your current music tastes or your tastes from the early 2000s?

- On that note, how much have your musical tastes changed? Are there any albums that you loved back in the day that you look back on and wonder, "What the hell was I thinking?"

- (Will require significant forethought before the podcast) If you could pick one album from each year in the 2000s that you think was overlooked and should be revisited, what would it be?

- With sites like Buzzfeed and Upworthy seeing a ton of success by posting viral lists and passing it off as journalistic content, do you think AP.net will adopt any similar strategies? While I don't agree that it's high brow by any means, it's impossible to argue just how viral and successful it is. I remember a couple years ago we were very focused on that model for a while, trying to post something like that once a month and it kind of fell off the map.

- The Internet is mobile-first now. Are there any plans to further optimize the site's content to be tailored to mobile further than how it already is?

- What happened to Four Year Strong?

- Isn't it impressive how long Senses Fail has remained relevant? I remember when Let It Enfold You came out and everyone crapped all over it, but they have really had a nice career, eh? Any other bands that have surprised you with how long they lasted?

- Was Ryan Ross's decision to leave Panic! at the Disco one of the stupidest decisions in the AP.net genre in the past decade? The Young Veins...really?

- Something Corporate or Jack's Mannequin?

- Has the Buzznet partnership ultimately helped or hurt AP.net?

- Do you think either of you will ever be/feel too old to run AP.net and do it justice?
10:18 AM on 07/12/13
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good to know the Bat Signal still works.
Good to see you on here! Love seeing friendly faces.
11:01 AM on 07/12/13
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Oh Anton ya big sap! I still have a big part of you at all times, my Midtown hoodie you gave me at bamboozle 3 million years ago.

How are you doing old friend?
Doing well. Super busy with life and work and such. Nothing out of the ordinary to report, simply content :)

How are you?
11:13 AM on 07/12/13
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Band that spent the most on promotion that got little to no returns.
Cute Is What We Aim For, haha
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums