AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Album Info. News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Album Info.
Inside AP.net

Death Grips Announce New Imprint Label; New Music in...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (07/09/13)
Death Grips have announced the establishment of Thirdworlds, the band's own label imprint created with Harvest/Capitol Records. The band will retain ownership of its most recent album, no love deep web and are currently working on new music, with the hopes of releasing a new album in 2014.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
01:47 PM on 07/09/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
does this mean we're gonna get a no love deep web vinyl pressing?????? please???

also i dont know why epic didnt give them their own imprint off the bat. would've been much smarter.
01:55 PM on 07/09/13
hco7393
Black & Death Metal Enthusiast
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
more new music? dude, these guys churn out music so fast.
01:56 PM on 07/09/13
IWasHerHorse
User Info.
Cool.
02:01 PM on 07/09/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Lololol
06:21 PM on 07/09/13
halfeaten
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
more new music? dude, these guys churn out music so fast.

Are you really surprised about that? They have a sound and they stick to it. I like that. Some bands/artists are better when they can just shit stuff out. Worst case scenario is that it'll be alright, but there'll always be some standouts.

it's a guy yelling and some cool sounds in odd time signatures.
09:46 PM on 07/09/13
red8ge
@JohnxHill
User Info.
does this mean we're gonna get a no love deep web vinyl pressing?????? please???

also i dont know why epic didnt give them their own imprint off the bat. would've been much smarter.
i really want a 12" with zach hill's dick on it
10:00 PM on 07/09/13
musicenthusiast
nah mean?
User Info.
thought the money store was an awesome release in every way, i still listen to it 2-3 times a week... no love deep web... eh not so much - haven't listened to it in months
03:13 PM on 07/10/13
hco7393
Black & Death Metal Enthusiast
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Are you really surprised about that? They have a sound and they stick to it. I like that. Some bands/artists are better when they can just shit stuff out. Worst case scenario is that it'll be alright, but there'll always be some standouts.

it's a guy yelling and some cool sounds in odd time signatures.
I honestly think that No Love Deep Web was drastically different from The Money Store. It was more raw and stripped down, instead of having spacey feels everywhere. I cite I've Seen Footage's "breakdown" for a prime example of a trippy feel.
03:28 PM on 07/10/13
halfeaten
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I honestly think that No Love Deep Web was drastically different from The Money Store. It was more raw and stripped down, instead of having spacey feels everywhere. I cite I've Seen Footage's "breakdown" for a prime example of a trippy feel.

Well, one was all pads and no programming, so of course it's going to sound a little different.
Still as easy to make though. They do what they do and there's only an actual difference if non-fans can tell that something's up. It's still noises and an angry man yelling on top.

I'm going to make a reference you could only make on here, but I remember my mom hearing Violence and Feeling this. She immediately said "what are they doing?". They're not really doing anything like that.

I think Ex Military is 10 times as raw as No Love... Probably because it technically is. It's very crude. Thru The Walls is incredible.
03:32 PM on 07/10/13
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
Well, one was all pads and no programming, so of course it's going to sound a little different.
Still as easy to make though. They do what they do and there's only an actual difference if non-fans can tell that something's up. It's still noises and an angry man yelling on top.

I'm going to make a reference you could only make on here, but I remember my mom hearing Violence and Feeling this. She immediately said "what are they doing?". They're not really doing anything like that.

I think Ex Military is 10 times as raw as No Love... Probably because it technically is. It's very crude. Thru The Walls is incredible.
"easy to make"

uh....
03:34 PM on 07/10/13
halfeaten
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

That's not a cuss.
It's very, very easy to make. That was my point. They can easily just shit out a decent Death Grips record. I don't mind it when bands are good at doing what they do.

I don't think they're shitting out records though. They spend a little more time than that and that's how they can stay so prolific.
03:35 PM on 07/10/13
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
That's not a cuss.
It's very, very easy to make. That was my point. They can easily just shit out a decent Death Grips record. I don't mind it when bands are good at doing what they do.

I don't think they're shitting out records though. They spend a little more time than that and that's how they can stay so prolific.
nothing about any of their albums comes across as easy to make to me.
03:37 PM on 07/10/13
halfeaten
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
nothing about any of their albums comes across as easy to make to me.

You are not an angry man with amazing projection in his voice and a drummer interested in modern technology, though.

When a band or an artist have a sound as chiseled out as them - they can churn out decent/great/amazing stuff. Look at someone like Mike Kinsella. Only fans know his stuff, but I could probably make a top 20 list of Owen songs. Very prolific.
03:38 PM on 07/10/13
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
You are not an angry man with amazing projection in his voice and a drummer interested in modern technology, though.
i think you're confusing ability with ease
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums