AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Contest News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

These Hearts Signed Merch Contest

Posted by - 03:36 PM on 07/09/13
These Hearts just released their sophomore studio album, Yours To Take have you heard it? Head to the replies and tell us your favorite song off of the album so far and why you love it for a chance to win some signed merch! Three winners will be selected at random and receive a signed t-shirt and signed copy of the new album. The winners will be announced on July 22nd.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
03:37 PM on 07/09/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.

03:52 PM on 07/09/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
no one wants this
04:09 PM on 07/09/13
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
04:30 PM on 07/09/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
'Miserable' is a step up for these guys and really catchy. The new album isn't as bad as the first(which was heavily flawed but showed moments of potential)and quite enjoyable for some mosh and catchy choruses. Good job with the record guys.
04:48 PM on 07/09/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
After one quick listen "Been Through Hell" immediately stands out in my mind. I'm amazed how these guys grew from being a punchline to many (with undeniably fantastic pop melodies) to a solid easycore (I think that's the word for this genre). That song nicely melds pop, pop-punk, and metalcore together seamlessly without overusing any one part, and also doing it better than a lot of other bands who do the same. Looking forward to going through this a few more times.

Plus, that key-change and pick-up in the final chorus is so good.
05:04 PM on 07/09/13
spencera27
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
War is one of my favorites. It shows how the band can easily go from their poppy side to a heavier and faster side. Plus it's pretty catchy!
06:20 PM on 07/09/13
killbrand.com
Ezekiel 36: 26-28
User Info.
War is sick! Love how heavy it is, and the chorus is poppy and catchy as heck. This album is a big improvement over their last album overall. And I think War is my new favorite song by them, beating out Romans 15 from their last album.
07:26 PM on 07/09/13
WasteSomeTime
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really like Undecided Story, I love how it stays in the the pop punk pace compared to some of their other heavier stuff with breakdowns. Also lyrically I think it's pretty solid also. The first verse reminds me of a friend I have who went threw a terrible relationship that involved abuse so it's easy to relate to for me.
08:08 PM on 07/09/13
formated4tv
Geek-pop.com
User Info.
I really dig Never Mind Me. Something about the acoustic into the punk back into the acoustic guitars is great as a closing track, and the lyrics are cute/sad at the same time.
08:41 PM on 07/09/13
silver1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really enjoy "Last Man Alive". This song probably best represents These Hearts' musical direction on Yours To Take. Musically, the band has beefed up their guitars and aggression, while retaining their trademark sugary melodies. Ultimately, "Last Man Alive" is the most well-rounded song featured here and anyone looking to see if this band is for them should start here.
08:52 PM on 07/09/13
jjnunn118
Starship Renegade
User Info.
I constantly made fun of this bands first album, to the point where me and my friends would just look at each other, say These Hearts, and laugh. I went in to this album with about the same expectation but the first track, This Is Love, blew me away. Track blends incredibly solid heavy section, with a fantastic pop chorus and features probably my favorite hook of the year!
04:29 AM on 07/10/13
emoboy333
User Info.
This album is not good. Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!'s record is way better than this.
04:54 AM on 07/10/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
The fact that there's some thing on the front of the CD case saying "for fans of the wonder years". No, just no.
06:14 AM on 07/10/13
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
The fact that there's some thing on the front of the CD case saying "for fans of the wonder years". No, just no.
Lolwut

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version