AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Zebrahead News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Zebrahead Post "Call Your Friends"

Posted by - 10:58 AM on 07/10/13
Zebrahead's new song "Call Your Friends," can be found in the replies.

Submitted by Blink-O

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
10:58 AM on 07/10/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
11:05 AM on 07/10/13
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
Fun song.
11:13 AM on 07/10/13
Blink-O
User Info.
great summer tune. cant wait for that new album.
11:18 AM on 07/10/13
Fox83
User Info.
Always look forward to new stuff from these guys.

Wish they'd tour in the US.
11:21 AM on 07/10/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'll like anything they put out, and I've heard this is probably one of the weaker songs on the album, but this is kind of "okay" rather than amazing.
11:27 AM on 07/10/13
mjphotography
Summer in Dublin! WTF?
User Info.
Gotta give it to them for actually lasting ten albums.
Bought "Playmate..." when it came out, decent album. They are quite a good band, but the "rapping" somehow ruins it for me...
11:37 AM on 07/10/13
InvaderPhantom
User Info.
I love those guys! This song is good, just another Zebrahead party song that was made to cater to the Japanese audience (they're apparently really big in Japan). I have contact to the drummer of the band and the new album is supposed to be heavy so this song probably doesn't reflect the rest of the album.
12:42 PM on 07/10/13
crowdediceb0x
User Info.
Wow, just looked them up on Spotify and didn't realize they had so many albums...Thought there were done after Playmate for sure.
12:51 PM on 07/10/13
Fox83
User Info.
I love those guys! This song is good, just another Zebrahead party song that was made to cater to the Japanese audience (they're apparently really big in Japan). I have contact to the drummer of the band and the new album is supposed to be heavy so this song probably doesn't reflect the rest of the album.
30 second clips of all 14 songs can be found on Amazon (UK)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...glnk-uk-c47-21
12:54 PM on 07/10/13
Fox83
User Info.
Wow, just looked them up on Spotify and didn't realize they had so many albums...Thought there were done after Playmate for sure.
Whoa. MFZB has been one of my favorite pop/punk albums since 2003. Listen to that as soon as possible. It's on Spotify. The others are good too, and maybe you'll like them more than MFZB, but that album is what got me into this band. AP.net actually introduced them to me by offering a free download of the song "Rescue Me" in 2003.
01:01 PM on 07/10/13
Fox83
User Info.
Gotta give it to them for actually lasting ten albums.
Bought "Playmate..." when it came out, decent album. They are quite a good band, but the "rapping" somehow ruins it for me...
If the rapping ruins it for you, then actually buying any of their albums was a mistake because it's sort of their bread & butter. Ali is fixed into their identity. Always has been. Some people really like Playmate, but it's one of my least favorite albums by them because they just goofed around too much on that album. Some people find charm in that though, I guess. Subtract You is one of my favorite ZH songs though, and that was on Playmate. Anyway, to each their own and all that.
04:11 PM on 07/10/13
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
straightforward pop punk, sounding like they did, I guess I don't follow them too much anymore, but I like to get back to MFZB sometimes.
10:31 PM on 07/10/13
Mrk_Brdshw
User Info.
If the rapping ruins it for you, then actually buying any of their albums was a mistake because it's sort of their bread & butter. Ali is fixed into their identity. Always has been. Some people really like Playmate, but it's one of my least favorite albums by them because they just goofed around too much on that album. Some people find charm in that though, I guess. Subtract You is one of my favorite ZH songs though, and that was on Playmate. Anyway, to each their own and all that.
They killed it on songs like "Subtract You", "Now or Never", "I Am", "Hell That is My Life", etc. but I do agree, I tend to skip songs like all of their goofy jokier songs. Even the song "Playmate of the Year" lost its novelty with me pretty quickly.

I actually love Justin's side project Darling Thieves. It's a lot different, but some songs have that classic Zebrahead sound that brings back a lot memories. I'll still always listen to anything Zebrahead puts out, but their last few albums haven't really brought anything new to the table. They could practically all be one big album to me.
11:15 PM on 07/10/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
song is all right, very well executed, but I'm hoping for some more serious stuff like what they've been doing for a while

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos