Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 43 of 43.
01:53 PM on 07/11/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
Funny, I found it in my friend's CD case and threw it out the window while we were driving across the Brooklyn Bridge, sometime in 2004.

At the time, the "for fans of Taking Back Sunday and Thursday!" sticker on the front really annoyed me. That, and the fact that I had been trying to get my friends to listen to anything slightly "heavy" for a long time, and suddenly they were sold on the most watered down, bullshit songs ever (such as "Ohio is for Lovers") after hearing them on MTV repeat.
EXACTLY

I'm glad you understand me! ha
02:42 PM on 07/11/13
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
I have a lot of respect for these guys. Don't love them but I listen to them every now and then. My only complaint is the lyrics. Sometimes it sounds like he's writing to cater to a teenage fan base, which results in some super cheese even in some of their best songs. I feel as if JTs writing matured a bit they would be a better band and easier to listen to as a 24 year old. Either way, decent album.
04:11 PM on 07/11/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
the hate ep was such a step backwords from skeletons, but this album is better than the eps.
05:40 PM on 07/11/13
PengusNiugnep
@PenguinGengar
User Info.
This is probably one of my favorite albums of theirs, although If Only You Were Lonely is still my favorite. "Memories Of Misery" and "Spark" are awesome. It's a good review, although I personally disagree about "Hollow Hearts Unite."

Just a small note, but the period at the end of the first paragraph is missing. It's not a big deal or anything though.
05:46 PM on 07/11/13
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.

You are right. It is their best.

Thank you for making me not feel so alone in the world!

Honestly love that album, I don't think there is a bad song on it. No one ever brings it up though which is what lead me to believe people didn't like it. The songwriting was so on key. I could go on for a long time on why I like it so I'll just end it here by saying I love it.
05:47 PM on 07/11/13
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
Have they dropped the screaming again? I felt the EPs were a good direction now its looking a step back here?
06:07 PM on 07/11/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Have they dropped the screaming again? I felt the EPs were a good direction now its looking a step back here?
They definitely have some screaming in here, but it's not as much of a focus as it was in the EPs (especially 'Hate').
06:08 PM on 07/11/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Disagree with the genre explanations in the review. They were always a pop-punk group that included screams. Then they dropped the screaming after Casey passed away, which resulted in "Fragile Future" and "Skeletons" (minus a few small moments in the latter one) being mostly pop-rock/pop-punk. 'Hate' definitely pushed them back to screamed vocals and a less poppy style.

It sounds like nit-picking over terms, but I'm more pointing out that I think it would benefit the author to have listened to more than a portion (with a huge gap in the middle) of the band's discography.

This album seems to grab from all over their career, though. Definitely wouldn't consider it the most accessible at all.
06:11 PM on 07/11/13
Chemical Love
-
User Info.
I haven't listened to them since their debut but I'll give this a shot.
06:28 PM on 07/11/13
bakerboy420
User Info.
Track 4 is catchy otherwise this album is lame
07:10 PM on 07/11/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
this album is garbage
06:09 PM on 07/12/13
Bananahamic22
User Info.
This album is fantastic! I loke Taken by The Dark!!!
06:01 AM on 07/24/13
Stouffs
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I couldn't make it through. The concept that they actually based the album off of is wrong. It's so just..weak
Seriously though. Been a huge fan for years and am not impressed with this. I struggled to get through it which saddens me. Oh well, on to spin #2.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums