Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 139
08:46 AM on 07/12/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
Length of hip hop albums is one thing that has always got me. I don't need 15-20 tracks. Just give me 10 awesome ones.

I need to listen to this and decide for myself. I'm only expecting to like a few tracks anyways as I'm a fairly casual fan
yeah, sometimes long albums work but a lot of times it works against them. I think that's one of the best things yeezus has going for it, it's short length
08:50 AM on 07/12/13
The Old Black
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yeah, sometimes long albums work but a lot of times it works against them. I think that's one of the best things yeezus has going for it, it's short length

I realize I'm not the target demographic. It can work and I have enjoyed longer hip hop album, but I've always looked at music like I'd rather be left wanting more than have too much. It's not just one genre either...I can't think of a single band/artist that I want a 15 track album from. Give me 10 songs and save the other 5...even if its just for bonus tracks, EP release, or for something else.

That's probably a personal issue though, haha.
08:57 AM on 07/12/13
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dude the fact that you gave arguably one of the best hip hop records of the year a 5/10 is just disrespectful. Just because he raps about things you can't associate with doesn't mean you have to hate on it. Ya, I don't have a Picasso or any clothes from Tom Ford, but fuck, I would love to! Peronally it gives me motivation to work harder in life to eventually achieve those grandiose things he raps about.
Hey man, I read the review and Jake didn't bash it or Jay Z at all. He simply didn't like the album. I thought it was well written and the review left it open for people to go listen and see for themselves which is what a review should do.

You should read the J Cole review, that's a review where there's bashing. The good thing about this review is he gives his opinion on the songs and it's your job to listen and see if you agree- which some of the people on here did/didn't. Nothing offensive at all and it's a rather helpful review.

Good Review Jake
09:06 AM on 07/12/13
LogikaX
benchsongs.bandcamp.com
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Do people really not like Blueprint 3? I played it a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it. The singles from the album all did really well.

Is it more because it wasn't as good as the first Blueprint to warrant the name?
09:11 AM on 07/12/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Completely agree

Good review
09:14 AM on 07/12/13
Ryan Dennehy
Hey man, I read the review and Jake didn't bash it or Jay Z at all. He simply didn't like the album. I thought it was well written and the review left it open for people to go listen and see for themselves which is what a review should do.

You should read the J Cole review, that's a review where there's bashing. The good thing about this review is he gives his opinion on the songs and it's your job to listen and see if you agree- which some of the people on here did/didn't. Nothing offensive at all and it's a rather helpful review.

Good Review Jake
I bashed the album because it was bad. You can disagree but you never offered any substantive reason why I was wrong - you just kept repeating that I was being unfair and biased against J. Cole because he's homophobic. The point was to use those lyrics as an illustration of what goes wrong on the record, the shortcomings that Cole so obviously has. You picked that out because you don't think there's anything wrong with using ****** because you're a homophobic, racist sack of shit.
09:25 AM on 07/12/13
Funshine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Holy Grail is a top notch song -- one of my favorites this year
09:42 AM on 07/12/13
A Head
User Info.
I wish there was an instrumental version on iTunes.
09:49 AM on 07/12/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
its ≠ it's

agree with pretty much everything content-wise. this is just another hip-hop album with good beats and famous people; yeezus tries to do something different.
10:09 AM on 07/12/13
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
10:32 AM on 07/12/13
bigfoamfinger
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Way too many people on Yeezus' nuts. This album shits all over Yeezus, yet gets no respect. The beats are top notch and top 5 as far as Jay's albums go. Just because his lyrics aren't obvious doesn't mean they aren't good. It takes a couple spins to get what he means. Dude is deep. If you want simple, bullshit lyrics listen to any one of the 1000 ringtone rappers out there
10:49 AM on 07/12/13
soundclash
@julianneprez
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I agree with the review 100%. I've been listening to it on and off on Spotify since it dropped and really have no urge to purchase it. There are a few songs I really like ("Holy Grail" and "Oceans") but like you said, the Smells Like Teen Spirit lyrics seem so out of place and so do the Losing My Religion lyrics. I tend to restart from the beginning after "Oceans."

Anyway, good review. I'll agree with some of the comments that the beats on this record are better than some of the ones on Yeezus, but what use is a good beat if you do nothing with it?
10:50 AM on 07/12/13
abeals12
I want to dream.
User Info.
Way too many people on Yeezus' nuts. This album shits all over Yeezus, yet gets no respect. The beats are top notch and top 5 as far as Jay's albums go. Just because his lyrics aren't obvious doesn't mean they aren't good. It takes a couple spins to get what he means. Dude is deep. If you want simple, bullshit lyrics listen to any one of the 1000 ringtone rappers out there
ha
10:52 AM on 07/12/13
paperlung
this glass house is burning down
User Info.
Not to mention the fact that the smells like teen spirit lyrics were wrong. That probably was intentional but as a big fan of Kurt, that just rubbed me the wrong way.

I've never been a huge Hov fan, but mchg just seemed really boring to me. I enjoyed Oceans, and that was about it.
10:57 AM on 07/12/13
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
disagree, would give this about a 2

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT