Username
Password
Video News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video
Inside AP.net

Frank Turner Performs on NPR's Tiny Desk Concert Series

Posted by: Jason Tate (07/13/13)
Frank Turner recently performed three songs for NPR's Tiny Desk Concert series.

Submitted by trojanick

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
12:36 PM on 07/13/13
ElGordoTacos
User Info.
I'm still disappointed in Tape Deck Heart it so generic compared to his older releases.
12:45 PM on 07/13/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm still disappointed in Tape Deck Heart it so generic compared to his older releases.
Having not heard his older releases (apart from the singles of EKMB) I'm curious as to what you mean by generic, because I hear a lot of variety on Tape Deck Heart.
01:17 PM on 07/13/13
Twikki
Continuous Thunder
User Info.
great performance from frank. shame about the shy singalong for 'photosynthesis'.

i agree, tape deck heart has some good songs but it pales in comparison to his prior work
03:46 PM on 07/13/13
PandaBear!
\m/ (-.-) \m/
User Info.
that desk is way bigger than i thought it'd be...

what?
05:11 PM on 07/13/13
Grohl
RATA
User Info.
Give Tape Deck Heart another chance. It's subtle.
07:54 PM on 07/13/13
Helen Keller.
Moustache Cash Stash
User Info.
Tape Deck Heart is a great album if you give it a chance. I mean, Broken Piano, Four Simple Words, Fisher King Blues, Good and Gone, Losing Days, and Plain Sailing Weather are some of his best, and the bonus tracks are all great in their own ways. I didn't like it at first, but give it a few chances.
08:33 PM on 07/13/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
Tape Deck Heart has some of the best songs he's written, but also a few ones that are a little weak, which kind of kill the momentum of the record. And I'm talking about Good & Gone and Tell Tale Signs. They're all right, but placing them as tracks 5 and 6 was a mistake, I think. I'd rather switch both those songs with Undeveloped Film. I still like the record a lot, though.
04:59 AM on 07/14/13
mbao
I'm on the up and up.
User Info.
It's the only album I've his I've heard, and while the pacing of Tape Deck Heart's a little weird, I still think there are quite a few really solid songs on it.
06:14 AM on 07/14/13
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My favourite album this year thus far. The comparison of being generic is just silly.

There's full band energy with songs like Plain Sailing Weather, Recovery, Four Simple Words...there's mid tempo songs like Losing Days...slower stuff like Tell Tale signs and Anymore....a big ballad feeling song like Broken Piano. Plus what naturally has the perfect single feel in The Way I Tend To Be.

The themes of the songs are all over the place...like Frank normally does. That doesn't even include the diversity of the album b-sides. Cowboy Chords about road life and being who he is is very different than Time Machine.

You don't have to like Frank and his music, but to call for a lack a diversity from his recent recording is ridiculous.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests