Username
Password
Drama News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 48 of 48.
08:37 AM on 07/17/13
Rock
THROW IT DOWN, BIG MAN!
User Info.
Never heard the word "skint" before until now. Must be the Queen's English.

This dude has good reason to be upset that the Weeknd sampled his band without permission, but he better not be surprised. This is business as usual for the rap/hip-hop music industry. Even the pioneers of hip-hop/R&B did it - it just wasn't a problem back then because sampling was so new and unregulated.
09:08 AM on 07/17/13
bowbzzz
User Info.
well i guess he'll just have to pay them then in order to keep the song. it's already out there, you know?

(sidenote: I totally didn't know that Abel is a dick.)
I've always said he's the Jonny Craig of R&B (that is, before he went the R&B route.) The only difference is that The Weeknd has way more money so he doesn't have to resort to stealing macbooks lol.
03:41 PM on 08/27/13
Branson28
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This doesn't really surprise me. The Weeknd got his sound from his original producer and then kicked him to the curb. Drake helped him get noticed and he said "whatever" and signed with someone else. I like his music, but he obviously has no problems with using and abusing other artists to get ahead.
If you've actually heard the original 3 songs that his first producer made, which by the way are probably the least "dark" of anything else on HOB, then you would know that his first producer didn't "create" The Weeknd's sound. Not to mention he didn't ditch Drake, because Drake said himself he knew full and well that The Weeknd wouldn't sign to OVO. Besides that even, OVO is signed to Universal Republic which is what The Weeknd signed to, so they're basically on the same label anyway, just The Weeknd's money isn't going through 3 labels before it gets to him.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests