AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Property of Zack News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 41.
08:03 PM on 07/15/13
Takuto
User Info.
You can stay 15 forever while the rest of us grow up and our musical tastes evolve. Out of any band that came up during that neon pop rock movement The Maine has the most of my respect in how they've evolved musically and as people in general.
I understand they want to evolve and be "mature" but The Maine has isolated a core fanbase that started during CSWS. That's why they sell less and less records with each release. I respect Pioneer and thought it was a great record but Forever Halloween are literal b-sides from Pioneer. I don't see The Maine getting any bigger than where they already are.
08:27 PM on 07/15/13
ImAMetaphor
blow your fucking brains out
User Info.
Well, I'm sure this thread is going to be full of very kind words.
08:28 PM on 07/15/13
ImAMetaphor
blow your fucking brains out
User Info.
I'm interested to see their definition of punk.
08:37 PM on 07/15/13
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
I used to say this band was going to be huge and I guess they ended up doing that but nothing since CSWS has interested me at all. Meh
08:51 PM on 07/15/13
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
band is unreal nowadays
09:00 PM on 07/15/13
The Meech
User Info.
catchy neon pop>>>>boring, energyless dad rock
09:02 PM on 07/15/13
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
The Maine will always be bland and boring no matter what genre they do.
10:15 PM on 07/15/13
Jbuch
User Info.
04:13 AM on 07/16/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
catchy neon pop>>>>boring, energyless dad rock
I feel so sorry for you.
05:11 AM on 07/16/13
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
06:14 AM on 07/16/13
PengusNiugnep
PUT ON YOUR WAR PAINT
User Info.
They aren't going to release it.. it was a complete joke and there are some previews of the songs on youtube, some of the songs had cool riffs but the lyrical content contained stuff such as "lets eat Grandma" and a song about balloons.
07:13 AM on 07/16/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
While their more recent stuff is more "mature" and all, I do agree that their first two albums are the sound I prefer from them.
07:37 AM on 07/16/13
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
I understand they want to evolve and be "mature" but The Maine has isolated a core fanbase that started during CSWS. That's why they sell less and less records with each release. I respect Pioneer and thought it was a great record but Forever Halloween are literal b-sides from Pioneer. I don't see The Maine getting any bigger than where they already are.
Forever Halloween actually sold more records in it's first week than Pioneer did.

The problem that you saw is they left their label then they didn't do that good of promotion for Pioneer. But they learned through it and they did a hell of a lot better promoting Forever Halloween and that's why it sold so much more. Plus I think a little bit of it was people trying to adapt to The Maine's new sound and perhaps they're getting used to it.
09:14 AM on 07/16/13
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
facepalm
09:31 AM on 07/16/13
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
Forever Halloween actually sold more records in it's first week than Pioneer did.

The problem that you saw is they left their label then they didn't do that good of promotion for Pioneer. But they learned through it and they did a hell of a lot better promoting Forever Halloween and that's why it sold so much more. Plus I think a little bit of it was people trying to adapt to The Maine's new sound and perhaps they're getting used to it.
Do you happen to know the actual total sales for both Pioneer and Forever Halloween? I'm interested to see how they compare...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests