Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 31
12:59 PM on 07/16/13
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
fellow musicians, do you recommend logic?
I like it.
Not necessarily more than Pro Tools, but I definitely have found myself using Logic more frequently in the past few years. A lot of the compressors and other plug ins are fantastic. Logic, a Duet, and an SM7 and you're set.
01:00 PM on 07/16/13
benjgrimm
https://ttswsmusic.bandcamp.com/
User Info.
It looks awesome! Has anyone got it, yet? If so, what’s their take on it? Is it worth the upgrade?
01:09 PM on 07/16/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I called Apple, and after talking to someone for a while they agreed to refund my previous purchase of Logic Pro 9 or whatever -- which was the same amount as this version, so that I could buy the new version.

So rare that customer service ends up working! Haha!

I'll let you know what I think when I download this one.
01:16 PM on 07/16/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
I literally bought Logic 3 weeks ago.

I wonder if they'll upgrade me for a discount ... might as well try.
What shit luck
01:17 PM on 07/16/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
I called Apple, and after talking to someone for a while they agreed to refund my previous purchase of Logic Pro 9 or whatever -- which was the same amount as this version, so that I could buy the new version.

What great luck! :-D
01:18 PM on 07/16/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
They took care of me! Haha, I've spent so much money with that company over the years -- I was going to rage if they opened up my iTunes account and didn't hook me up a little.
01:19 PM on 07/16/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
They took care of me! Haha, I've spent so much money with that company over the years -- I was going to rage if they opened up my iTunes account and didn't hook me up a little.
I should have read the second page before replying. That's really awesome they did that - best customer service
02:13 PM on 07/16/13
theherox
As of 10/3, pronounced "Thoreau"
User Info.
Want this so bad!! so tempting. Huge supporter of Logic right here
02:14 PM on 07/16/13
theherox
As of 10/3, pronounced "Thoreau"
User Info.

awesome!!
02:33 PM on 07/16/13
ImOnFire54321
@jackgazdik
User Info.
As a person who produces music out of my bedroom I've found Logic to be a much more complete solution than Pro Tools. While Pro Tools has its upsides if you have the money to buy tons of extra plug-ins, logic is the obvious solution for DIY musicians like myself. I've been battling all day whether or not I should go home and upgrade or not.
03:39 PM on 07/16/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
fellow musicians, do you recommend logic?
Absolutely. Much prefer it over ProTools due to the interface, amp models, and easier controls (imo)

And fuck as soon as I start recording again they come out with a Bass Amp Designer, superior drum sounds/options, and that Pitch Flex option. Super jealous haha.
05:00 PM on 07/16/13
mikeysaysmikey
Michael
User Info.
I literally bought Logic 3 weeks ago.

I wonder if they'll upgrade me for a discount ... might as well try.

If you email them they should definitely refund it for you. They've always been good to me on similar situations.
05:04 PM on 07/16/13
mikeysaysmikey
Michael
User Info.
Chris Walla uses Logic. Enough said.

I've been using Logic for years and never felt the need to switch the Pro Tools.

It's definitely better value price wise.
06:21 PM on 07/16/13
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
People talking about Logic over Pro Tools and vice versa... why? They're not mutually exclusive. Logic has a composition background. Pro Tools has an engineering background. They're starting to meet in the middle, but they both still offer unique experiences.
08:20 PM on 07/16/13
seanwaits
Let It Happen / Sean
User Info.
Logic Pro X still has all of the same professional-level features as its predecessor, but also adds some new high-end abilities. In addition, Apple has made the software more approachable to new users with features like Smart Controls (we’ll talk about this later), without taking away any ability for pros to dig down into the plug-ins, preferences or controls

Doesn't look that way.
Yeah, it looks pretty good. I'm hoping they end up making FCP the way it was when people were using 7. So many people have migrated to Adobe Premiere it's nuts.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos