Username
Password
Warped Tour News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 319.
10:31 AM on 07/16/13
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
Conflicting views and values on how one expresses themselves with their clothing. Slut shaming is a something that needs to be taken seriously, but at the same time, I fear the over sexualization of the younger generation and whether or not they have the maturity to deal with it.

[EDIT]: I tried to read the lyrics to Jezebel and just couldn't get through it. Found them so one-sided and disconnected from reality.
10:38 AM on 07/16/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Throughout the entire tour, before he plays Jezebel, he makes a short monologue about girls who are whores. I never thought anything wrong with what he was saying.
I think it's time we start raising awareness (in this scene and elsewhere) that it's not ok to call girls "sluts" and "whores."
10:43 AM on 07/16/13
red8ge
Registered Member
User Info.
agreed, i think these Fucking Sluts should cover it up and stop trying to sleep with band members they're attracted to, because that's Fucking Disgusting. i'm so sick of these Whores wearing skimpy clothing for the Sole Reason of attracting other men.

Thank God for Matty Mullins for delivering the good word on what women should and shouldn't do.

if you think anywhere along these lines you're a goddamn idiot
10:45 AM on 07/16/13
Niko John
Music Lover
User Info.
I think it's time we start raising awareness (in this scene and elsewhere) that it's not ok to call girls "sluts" and "whores."
I can see both sides of the argument, but for me personally, this topic was never something that I thought of as a big issue. I think Matty is annoyed by the girls who act sexually towards him (asking him to sign their breasts, etc) even though he has a wife, not just girls who wear booty shorts and the like in general.
11:00 AM on 07/16/13
jacobthewar
User Info.
In my own personal experience, dude loves being a bigot.
11:04 AM on 07/16/13
kevinjordan
This Wild Life - Kevin
User Info.
Race Wars turned Whore Wars. Don't we have more pressing issues? I for one am ok with girls dressing however they would like.
11:04 AM on 07/16/13
kskillzz
User Info.
It didn't sound like it had anything to do with the tweet, just that matty said/ did something racist towards their black fill in drummer
11:05 AM on 07/16/13
Ihaddreams
User Info.
FINALLY. Matty Mullins is a slut shaming bigot, its one thing to remind girls to please respect his marriage and another thing to go on stage and say "whores".
11:05 AM on 07/16/13
Likemothstonate
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Did anybody even watch the video? Joel was calling out Matty because he was apparently acting racist towards TAA's fill in drummer Chad... It has absolutely nothing to do with the slut shaming.
11:11 AM on 07/16/13
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
Word. I blame the oppression of the Goddess.
11:14 AM on 07/16/13
bromygod
\_(ツ)_/
User Info.
Did anybody even watch the video? Joel was calling out Matty because he was apparently acting racist towards TAA's fill in drummer Chad... It has absolutely nothing to do with the slut shaming.
No. In the video he starts off calling out Matty, then switches to a different topic that's bugging him and just says, "a guy" was being racist to the drummer. I'm fairly certain that if the guy in question was Matty, he would've just tacked that on and been like "MATTY IS A SHITTY RACIST GUY AND I HATE HIM" because that's a HUGE offense for a frontman, you know?
Frankly, while I don't really agree with Matty's comments about "sluts," I also am not surprised, given how religious he is, and I think he's entitled to his own views. It's not like he personally attacks girls dressed like sluts, he's just making blanket statements. Sure as hell doesn't effect how I'm gonna dress and whether or not I'm gonna listen to his music.
11:17 AM on 07/16/13
crushedonyou
User Info.
i say cage fight.
11:18 AM on 07/16/13
karadoll
Open up a little happiness today.
User Info.
I can see both sides of the argument, but for me personally, this topic was never something that I thought of as a big issue. I think Matty is annoyed by the girls who act sexually towards him (asking him to sign their breasts, etc) even though he has a wife, not just girls who wear booty shorts and the like in general.
So instead of saying something like, "Hey, I'm married, please respect that and stop acting that way toward me," he insults and shames them for being comfortable with their bodies and how they choose to live their life... and that's okay?
11:18 AM on 07/16/13
Likemothstonate
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No. In the video he starts off calling out Matty, then switches to a different topic that's bugging him and just says, "a guy" was being racist to the drummer. I'm fairly certain that if the guy in question was Matty, he would've just tacked that on and been like "MATTY IS A SHITTY RACIST GUY AND I HATE HIM" because that's a HUGE offense for a frontman, you know?
Frankly, while I don't really agree with Matty's comments about "sluts," I also am not surprised, given how religious he is, and I think he's entitled to his own views. It's not like he personally attacks girls dressed like sluts, he's just making blanket statements. Sure as hell doesn't effect how I'm gonna dress and whether or not I'm gonna listen to his music.

This video has actually been cut to make it look like he was calling out Matty for slut shaming.. In the full video, Joel calls Matty out for being racist to Chad. But if course AP wouldn't have the full video.

And use context clues, bro; he's talking about Matty Mullins, then he says if anyone ELSE out there is racist, they can ALSO get the fuck out.

Don't believe everything you read before you form an opinion.
11:29 AM on 07/16/13
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
sooperdoodey ha ha.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives