Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

Thrice Decade With Band Member Commentary

Posted by: Christian Wagner (07/16/13)
PropertyOfZack has posted a feature on Thrice's The Artist In The Ambulance with commentary from Ed and Teppei from the band. The feature can be found here.
By intentions I mean that we wanted to push oursleves, experiment, and build songs that we though had a unique place in the world. Not everyone would agree with me on this, but I think that music like any art has itís basic likable elements, but really makes a piece of music, or art, or whatever, special is the elements of it that make it unique.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21.
01:50 PM on 07/16/13
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
AbsoluteZack
;)

"...Needless to say, it came out at a time where it felt easy to love music made by your favorite band’s neighbor or a record that you picked up because you saw a video on Fuse (if you were fortunate enough to have Fuse back then, you lucky bastards)."

So true.
01:52 PM on 07/16/13
nowFace
We paved the roads.
User Info.
Good read.
02:02 PM on 07/16/13
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
Still one of the better albums of the year.
02:23 PM on 07/16/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Been listening to Thrice a bunch lately, and this record especially. Under a Killing Moon is my personal favorite right now, but fuck they're all good. I remember on their second to last tour when they launched into Silhouette and then Cold Cash and Colder Hearts and although I wasn't feeling good I had to jump in the pit for these tracks.
02:54 PM on 07/16/13
JimmyAveningo
User Info.
Just put this record on again and the drums really do sound awful
Still an amazing record by one of the coolest "punk" bands ever
03:54 PM on 07/16/13
phillycheese37
I'll be back around
User Info.
Listened to this record probably the most out of any in Thrice's discography. Exactly the right record for them at the right time.
04:43 PM on 07/16/13
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
I definitely didn't listen to it the most,.. and I listened to it a lot anyway, but every next record of theirs just improved.. I'll have to get back to AITA and listen to those drums with the thought that they could have been more raw.
05:04 PM on 07/16/13
qwerty22
snackin like an asshole in the usa
User Info.
I can definitely see where Ed and Teppei are coming from with their comments. Some of those songs mean a lot to me, but there are definitely ways the whole thing could've been done differently, most of which weren't in the hands of the band. However, they learned those needed lessons and went on to create their best material afterwards.
05:59 PM on 07/16/13
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
The most polarizing band of my life and probably always will be. The one persons paragraph that calls anyone who didn't like all the records post TAITA "Fair weather" fans. Well? Consider me a proud fair weather fan of Thrice. Yes there were a couple tracks on Vheissu that were amazing especially Of Dust and Nations but everything after that was just so boring and uninspired in my opinion. A credit to all the fans that were for some reason able to enjoy the post TAITA Thrice so the band was able to keep doing what they love, just was not going to be me.
09:09 PM on 07/16/13
KillHipsters
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would turn gay for Thrice. I love everything these guys have put out and have been following them since Identity Crisis. Who would have thought a band of young teens making punk tunes could turn out to be one of the best bands of our time? I jam TAITA on the daily, but I think without-a-doubt Vheissu was by far the greatest album to ever be released.

I'll be cranking Thrice when I am in my 60's and 70's, it's a rather strange thought thinking that far ahead.
01:23 AM on 07/17/13
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
There are a lot of great songs on this album, but I can't listen to the whole thing. It just gets boring after a while. No distinction, just formulaic songwriting. The definitely needed more time with it. They got by because of the era, and I ate it up back in the day for sure.
01:53 AM on 07/17/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
There are a lot of great songs on this album, but I can't listen to the whole thing. It just gets boring after a while. No distinction, just formulaic songwriting. The definitely needed more time with it. They got by because of the era, and I ate it up back in the day for sure.
agreed. I agree with what this article hints at toward the end, that Beggars and Major/Minor were really Thrice hitting their creative peak. I would put AITA beneath those 2 albums as well as Vheissu and Illusion. I still love AITA though - it's not only the album that turned me on to Thrice, it's actually the album that made me a fan of ROCK music in general!
01:54 AM on 07/17/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
I would turn gay for Thrice. I love everything these guys have put out and have been following them since Identity Crisis. Who would have thought a band of young teens making punk tunes could turn out to be one of the best bands of our time? I jam TAITA on the daily, but I think without-a-doubt Vheissu was by far the greatest album to ever be released.

I'll be cranking Thrice when I am in my 60's and 70's, it's a rather strange thought thinking that far ahead.
whoop whoop!!!! I can't wait to show my kids and grandkids Thrice
01:54 AM on 07/17/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
can someone help me out? This article says AITA was released in June, Wikipedia says July 22, and allmusic.com says August 12...WHAT'S THE TRUE RELEASE DATE!?!?!?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS