Username
Password
Fuse News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Fuse
Inside AP.net

Fuse Interviews letlive., Reveals New Full-Time Drummer

Posted by: Drew Beringer (07/16/13)
Fuse recently interviewed Jason Butler of letlive. about the band's new album and gives details behind the album's production. Additionally, it's revealed that Lionel Robinson will be joining the band full-time as their drummer.
With the album and the production, we believe[d] in being organic and authentic. So for us to write a record that not only wouldn’t sound similar live, but also wouldn’t be performed [in the studio] as it sounds on the record...at this point in our career, it would be untrue to who we are as a band.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 37
02:45 PM on 07/16/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
wow.. that video is extremely rough sounding. they're sloppy
03:06 PM on 07/16/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I hear that there’s this very handsome, very talented, very capable gentleman by the name of Loniel Robinson who is the drum tech for my friend that got us signed to Tragic Hero. So I called my friend and I told him, “Hey, I’m thinking about stealing your drum tech, because I hear he’s the man.”

And he actually comes to practice and he is, in fact, very much “the man,” and we’ve been playing with him for a little over a month now.

I haven’t told him this yet – he’s actually sitting right in front of me – but he’s not leaving the band, ever. There’s no way. He’s stuck with us forever.

[Loniel in the background: “Woop woop woop!”]
03:21 PM on 07/16/13
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
i'm guessing you've never seen them play.
03:22 PM on 07/16/13
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
I really can't say this enough. This band has to actually be seen in a small club. Yeah, it's awesome they are on Warped Tour, but their show does NOT translate well to that large atmosphere where they are just trying to make everything sound perfect.

I saw them play in a garage, essentially, right before Fake History launched, with no stage. It was the best performance I have ever seen. The energy was insane. It's difficult watching on a computer, because you can't FEEL it.
03:28 PM on 07/16/13
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
I really can't say this enough. This band has to actually be seen in a small club. Yeah, it's awesome they are on Warped Tour, but their show does NOT translate well to that large atmosphere where they are just trying to make everything sound perfect.

I saw them play in a garage, essentially, right before Fake History launched, with no stage. It was the best performance I have ever seen. The energy was insane. It's difficult watching on a computer, because you can't FEEL it.
it really is one of those bands you have to see in person.
04:00 PM on 07/16/13
ImAMetaphor
blow your fucking brains out
User Info.
You can't compare a video you find on the internet with a bands actual live show.

Also, I don't care what stage they are playing on, be it a 150 cap club or mainstage at Vans Warped tour. This band puts on one of the best live shows I've ever witnessed from ANYBODY everywhere they play.
04:41 PM on 07/16/13
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
i get what they're trying to say about sounding organic and close to their live sound, but most of my gripes with the production on this album have very little to do with what they're trying to achieve. they still could have achieved an organic sound without making it a completely muddy, clipping mess like they did.

that being said, i really like the album and the songs themselves, but i hate the fact that i can't listen to this album on my car stereo (far better than any other stereo or headphones i own) without it sounding like complete shit and accentuating all the things i hate about the production
04:45 PM on 07/16/13
Brandon Allin
Undisputed Champ
User Info.
The songs are too good for me to give a shit about how they're produced.
05:05 PM on 07/16/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I actually wasn't terribly impressed with the drummer. Maybe it was a bad show (11:50 am set, the day after a night of partying in Pomona), but he was a lot less groovy than I expected of a Letlive drummer.
05:23 PM on 07/16/13
signal to noise
User Info.
does he explain why the album sounds like a myspace rip in a fishtank? will watch/read if so.
05:53 PM on 07/16/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
"fuse" interviews letlive.
06:09 PM on 07/16/13
RocksLikeToast
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i liked fake history quite a bit and some tracks off the new one but i have seen them 3 times live now and they are awful... singer gets so tired after one song and then resorts to swinging the mic around and letting the crowd sing most of the words
06:21 PM on 07/16/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
That picture of The Chariot... So fucking cool.
06:52 PM on 07/16/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
band is amazing
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles