AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Drama News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Drama
Inside AP.net

New Rolling Stone Cover Features Boston Bomber;...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (07/17/13)
Rolling Stone recently made the poor decision to feature terrorist Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on the cover of its upcoming issue. Many are not pleased, including David Draiman, the vocalist for nu-metal band Disturbed. He took to the band's Facebook page to put the magazine on blast, which you can read in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 325
01:30 AM on 07/17/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Disturbed Statement‪#‎RollingStone‬

HOW FAR THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN,

I USED TO DREAM OF MAKING THE COVER OF ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE, AS IT USED TO BE THE ULTIMATE STATEMENT OF LEGITIMACY FOR AN ASPIRING MUSICIAN AND IT MEANT THAT YOU HAD REALLY MADE IT. OVER THE PAST 5 YEARS, ROLLING STONE HAS BECOME LESS AND LESS ABOUT MUSIC, AND HAS BECOME MORE AND MORE ABOUT BULLSHIT, POP CULTURE NONSENSE. EVEN THOUGH MANY OF US MAY NOT CARE FOR IT, WE WERE ABLE TO LIVE WITH IT...UNTIL THIS.

YOU...DARE...TO...PUT...THE...IMAGE ...OF...THE...BOSTON...BOMBER...ON. ..THE...FUCKING...COVER...OF...YOUR ...MAGAZINE!!!!????
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR ULTRA-LIBERAL, SYMPATHETIC TO A FAULT, FUCKING MINDS???
YOU HAVE NOT ONLY SUCCEEDED IN BLATANTLY INSULTING AND DISHONORING THE VICTIMS AND FAMILIES WHOSE LIVES WERE FOREVER EFFECTED BY THIS RABID ANIMAL, BUT YOU HAVE NOW GLORIFIED HIS COWARDLY AND UNFORGIVABLE ACT. WHY? BECAUSE IT WILL SELL MAGAZINES? BECAUSE IT WILL CREATE CONTROVERSY? BECAUSE YOU ACTUALLY DO SYMPATHIZE WITH THIS ABHORRENT, COWARDLY, PIECE OF SHIT? YOU HAVE MADE IT ATTRACTIVE AND VALIDATED THE ACT, TO A WHOLE NEW GENERATION OF WANNA BE TERRORISTS SEEKING MARTYRDOM AND INFAMY. YOU, AND YOUR KIND ARE THE REASON WHY PEOPLE THINK THAT THEY CAN GO OUT "IN A BLAZE OF GLORY" WHILE MURDERING INNOCENTS. HONESTLY, AND I MEAN THIS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART...GO...FUCK...YOURSELVES.

THE NEXT TERRORIST/MURDERING INCIDENT, BE IT ANOTHER BOMBER, OR A MADMAN WITH AN ASSAULT RIFLE, UNLEASHING FIRE UPON A SCHOOL FULL OF CHILDREN, IS ON YOU.

MAY YOUR CONSCIENCES (IF YOU EVEN HAVE THEM) WEIGH IMMEASURABLE HEAVY ON YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES. I CONDEMN THIS ACT, THIS NOTION, AND THIS WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT FUCKING RAG OF A MAGAZINE. MAY THE POWERS THAT BE HAVE MERCY UPON YOUR SOULS, BECAUSE THE NEXT TIME SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS, I ASSURE YOU, THE WORLD WONT.

-GO TO HELL

-DAVID
01:36 AM on 07/17/13
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
the "Disturbed Statement" heading above the quote is all too appropriate
01:45 AM on 07/17/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If you have a serious point to make, don't use caps lock and swear every other word... seriously. I agree with everything he says, but that statement looks like him rambling.
02:01 AM on 07/17/13
tottivillarossi
these pretzels are makin me thirsty
User Info.
*AFFECTED
02:02 AM on 07/17/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
what a shame, while most hardworking bands dream to be on a cover of an iconic magazine, some piece of shit that blows people up at a marathon is awarded the same privledge and honor. With the amount of outrage this magazine will be in the tanker in due time
02:05 AM on 07/17/13
FiendCameron
Why Didn't You Kill Yourself Today?
User Info.
I guess David just isn't... down with the sickness.

I'll show myself out.
02:10 AM on 07/17/13
centennial.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
such a "disturbed statement"
02:16 AM on 07/17/13
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
02:24 AM on 07/17/13
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.
ridiculous cover but what is that statement!?
03:11 AM on 07/17/13
swagofthe90s
music <3
User Info.
i see what he's saying, but all i hear is "oooh wah ah ah ah"
03:30 AM on 07/17/13
steve187
nah
User Info.
but what does jesse lacey think
03:31 AM on 07/17/13
NateJJ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have a lot of time for this. I can look past the caps and the swearing, I think it's actually more effective and authentic than a sterile, formal statement. Sometimes you get the impression that bands jump on these matters because they have to be seen to be commenting on such issues, rather than because they actually care. But this is something that he clearly REALLY feels strongly about, and wanted to express in his own way. Good for him, i'm sure a lot of other artists will be less willing to openly criticize such a powerful player in the industry.
03:44 AM on 07/17/13
WasteSomeTime
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have a lot of time for this. I can look past the caps and the swearing, I think it's actually more effective and authentic than a sterile, formal statement. Sometimes you get the impression that bands jump on these matters because they have to be seen to be commenting on such issues, rather than because they actually care. But this is something that he clearly REALLY feels strongly about, and wanted to express in his own way. Good for him, i'm sure a lot of other artists will be less willing to openly criticize such a powerful player in the industry.
Im glad he did, the guy is a terrible person. 3 people died!
03:52 AM on 07/17/13
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Let's not focus on the caps lock and swearing hear, in fact let's just forget about the dudes statement for a second, the headline of this and every story like it today should be very simple. "What the fuck were you thinking, Rolling Stone?" Seriously, how many people put their stamp of approval on this cover/story? How many shit heads did this go through? Every single one of those shit heads should be fired immediately.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests