Username
Password

02:40 AM on 07/22/13 
User Info.
theherox
As of 10/3, pronounced "Thoreau"
Arlington/Mansfield,...
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm curious just to open up conversation here.

Who here were introduced to Thrice through AITA? Or maybe just a song?

How does the album hold up to you over time, and have you continued being a fan through Beggars and Major/Minor?

I've posted a full blog about this album and some of the stories out how it's changed my life, here
http://alexandermachine.wordpress.co...a-decade-past/
02:42 AM on 07/22/13 
User Info.
theherox
Arlington/Mansfield,...
Male - 22 Years Old
But in short, for me, "All That's Left" wasn't just my introduction to Thrice, it was actually my introduction to ROCK MUSIC as a whole. Thrice were my first rock band and ever since have been the measuring stick everyone else had to measure against.

Personally, I think this album is still great, but stylistically same-y. Vheissu is my personal favorite, but I think the band's 3 best works are Illusion of Safety Beggars, and Major/Minor.

Interestingly, I also think Major/Minor is their first album that is a proper follow-up to AITA, for many reasons.

Either way, I'll definitely be jamming their whole discography today!
02:58 AM on 07/22/13 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
I honestly miss this band a lot, especially when I listen to this record.
06:17 AM on 07/22/13 
User Info.
theherox
Arlington/Mansfield,...
Male - 22 Years Old
I honestly miss this band a lot, especially when I listen to this record.

Even listening to Identity Crisis makes me miss this band! hahah

I'm stoked though that Dustin is getting to work on his second solo outing. Have you checked out Puig Destroyer yet?
06:27 AM on 07/22/13 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
I have, I like what I've heard.
06:59 AM on 07/22/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
I had heard about Thrice right before this album came out, but I hadn't listened to them yet. When this album came out, I got it and was instantly hooked. I immediately grabbed IC and IOS and went to see them live every time they came through town from then until the Farewell show. I've loved everything this band has done, and miss them dearly... but I am still glad to see the guys doing other stuff too, and am confident they will work together again sometime soon.
07:06 AM on 07/22/13 
User Info.
theherox
Arlington/Mansfield,...
Male - 22 Years Old
I had heard about Thrice right before this album came out, but I hadn't listened to them yet. When this album came out, I got it and was instantly hooked. I immediately grabbed IC and IOS and went to see them live every time they came through town from then until the Farewell show. I've loved everything this band has done, and miss them dearly... but I am still glad to see the guys doing other stuff too, and am confident they will work together again sometime soon.

Yeah!!! Your story is about the same as mine, except you beat me to the punch a little bit. My first time to see them wasn't until they headlined the Vheissu tour with Underoath. But I've seen them everytime they've come through ever since. My only regret is that I didn't get to see them when they did a short tour with Norma Jean and The Receiving End of Sirens. I think the tour was only in the Northeast or something like that.
07:18 AM on 07/22/13 
User Info.
ACA
Next Show: Balance&Composure 12/27
NJ / NYC
Male
This is probably my favorite Thrice record, just because it has so many of their best songs, and so many of their best live songs (such as "Silhouette"). I got into them a year earlier than TAITA, but this (and some great 2003 tours, such as the Thursday / Thrice / Coheed and Cambria) really solidified them as a band I wanted to invest time in.

Each of their records is pretty unique, so it's hard to rank them, though. Glad I caught three of their farewell shows. Definitely in my top five all-time favorite acts.
07:30 AM on 07/22/13 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Switzerland
Male - 30 Years Old
I was introduced with IOS but TAITA was really important to me, musically and emotionally. Thrice are by far away my favourite band since IOS. That said...TAITA is probably comes just above Identity Crisis, Fire ep and Air ep for me. The songs are fantastic, every single one of them, but they sound too slick in part.
07:50 AM on 07/22/13 
User Info.
Paulb-182
www.soundcloud.com/paulbeaumont
England
Male - 25 Years Old
I agree about the slickness, I prefer to listen to the Anthology and House Of Blues live versions nowadays when I want to hear the tracks from that album. 7 of the 12 of them are on those two releases so it's not a bad call.

I actually remember walking in the shop and buying the Thursday/Thrice split 7inch a week before the album came out and being so ridiculously excited for War All The Time and The Artist. Great memories with both those albums.
07:59 AM on 07/22/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
Yeah!!! Your story is about the same as mine, except you beat me to the punch a little bit. My first time to see them wasn't until they headlined the Vheissu tour with Underoath. But I've seen them everytime they've come through ever since. My only regret is that I didn't get to see them when they did a short tour with Norma Jean and The Receiving End of Sirens. I think the tour was only in the Northeast or something like that.

The Thurday/Thrice/Coheed tour was the first time I saw them. Then probably 12 other times. One of the greatest live bands ever.
08:39 AM on 07/22/13 
User Info.
theherox
Arlington/Mansfield,...
Male - 22 Years Old
The Thurday/Thrice/Coheed tour was the first time I saw them. Then probably 12 other times. One of the greatest live bands ever.

Hey, you're in Dallas? I've been to 7 or 8 Dallas shows, and my brother has been to over a dozen, so I bet we've run into each other!! hahah so cool
08:46 AM on 07/22/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
Hey, you're in Dallas? I've been to 7 or 8 Dallas shows, and my brother has been to over a dozen, so I bet we've run into each other!! hahah so cool

Most definitely. Are you going to Warped?
08:58 AM on 07/22/13 
User Info.
nowFace
Merry xmas from The Sopranos.
Southern California
Male - 24 Years Old
I enjoy this thread.
09:01 AM on 07/22/13 
User Info.
theherox
Arlington/Mansfield,...
Male - 22 Years Old
Most definitely. Are you going to Warped?

No, I haven't been to Warped in years, plus I'm actually living in Germany this summer.

Are there many good bands playing this year?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos