AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

02:42 PM on 08/29/13 
User Info.
tub and rug
pissed off > pissed on
Quoted all of you because I think you've all said you'll be at the Bloomington date. I'm still up for organizing a meetup/dinner/whatever before the show, but I also want to throw this out there: Laura Stevenson is playing on the same night at Firehouse Pizza, an awesome bar and venue about five minutes away from the venue for this tour (Facebook event). The promotor is trying to make sure people can get to both, so Laura's show is starting around 10:00 or so, and one of my bands is opening. I understand if you need to drive back to your respective homes right after ADTR, but if you can stay, it would be rad to have more people at the late show too.

I'll be driving 2 hours to Bloomington after work and leaving right afterwards because I've got work the next day. I would be down to meet up during the show though.
04:52 PM on 08/29/13 
User Info.
Mister Lyrical
Forging Clarity
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
From what I know the lawsuit was just over the last album under their victory contract. ADTR felt they more than fulfilled the contract through DVDs, re releases, reissues. But, technically they still had the one more brand new album under contract. The album has been done since April, but from what I understood Victory was holding onto it to get it closer to the holiday season. The right back at it again tour in the Spring was a last minute decision since the album was done. They were suppose to headline taste of chaos last Winter but backed out because the album wasn't done in time. It sounds like they are still with Victory for this album. Don't be surprised if it's a really short album cycle.

Hey any clue on how the ticket sales have been for this? I know you're usually in the know about a lot of that stuff. Some troll in the news page is going off about how their incredibly low, which I somehow doubt is true. Just sort of curious.
05:02 PM on 08/29/13 
User Info.
hrleyquinn13
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
Hey any clue on how the ticket sales have been for this? I know you're usually in the know about a lot of that stuff. Some troll in the news page is going off about how their incredibly low, which I somehow doubt is true. Just sort of curious.
oh I have no idea...other than adtr not my kinda tour and don't really know anyone working with these bands. I know someone on here said that it looked like the Trenton date was well into the seats, and I know a lot of people that are going. Plus, haven't seen any ticket deals out yet and usually when an arena show is selling poorly you start to see deals out there.
06:40 PM on 08/29/13 
User Info.
shrathecat
St. Louis, MO
Female
Quoted all of you because I think you've all said you'll be at the Bloomington date. I'm still up for organizing a meetup/dinner/whatever before the show, but I also want to throw this out there: Laura Stevenson is playing on the same night at Firehouse Pizza, an awesome bar and venue about five minutes away from the venue for this tour (Facebook event). The promotor is trying to make sure people can get to both, so Laura's show is starting around 10:00 or so, and one of my bands is opening. I understand if you need to drive back to your respective homes right after ADTR, but if you can stay, it would be rad to have more people at the late show too.

I'm definitely okay with a meetup before the show, I'm not sure if I'll be able to do anything afterwards though. I have to get up super early the next morning so I can drive back to Quincy and be at work by 11am. :\
05:01 PM on 08/30/13 
User Info.
Mister Lyrical
Forging Clarity
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
oh I have no idea...other than adtr not my kinda tour and don't really know anyone working with these bands. I know someone on here said that it looked like the Trenton date was well into the seats, and I know a lot of people that are going. Plus, haven't seen any ticket deals out yet and usually when an arena show is selling poorly you start to see deals out there.

Oh okay just figured I'd ask.
09:01 PM on 08/31/13 
User Info.
Jake Denning
Corvallis, OR
Male - 24 Years Old
Staff Member
I'll be speaking with Jeremy McKinnon and Vic Fuentes on 9/18 in Portland. I might do something again with Elmakias, we'll see if there's time.
10:01 AM on 09/01/13 
User Info.
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
Salem, OR
Male
I'll be speaking with Jeremy McKinnon and Vic Fuentes on 9/18 in Portland. I might do something again with Elmakias, we'll see if there's time.

Look forward to reading those - this show is gonna be great!
02:30 PM on 09/02/13 
User Info.
freakoffaleash
Egg
Hendersonville N.C.
Male - 19 Years Old
So how long are we expecting all the bands to play?
Maybe TWY : 30 ATL: 45 PTV: 45 ADTR: 1 1/2?
03:25 PM on 09/02/13 
User Info.
Jonny Sniper
No Avatar Selected
North Carolina
Male - 23 Years Old
I'd say 35, 40, 45, 75
09:33 PM on 09/02/13 
User Info.
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
Salem, OR
Male
Chances of ATL playing Love Like War on this tour is very good. Would be cool for Vic to come out and sing his part as well.

As for set times, TWY will get 30/35, ATL and PTV will both get around 45, and ADTR will probably do about 75...so what was said above :)

EDIT: Doesn't PTV have a song featuring Jeremy of ADTR as well? Think he'd come out and guest spot?
09:36 PM on 09/02/13 
User Info.
Mister Lyrical
Forging Clarity
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
Doesn't PTV have a song featuring Jeremy of ADTR as well? Think he'd come out and guest spot?

Yeah he usually does.
10:53 PM on 09/02/13 
User Info.
Penguin
We only want to sing you to sleep
Blacksburg, VA
Male - 22 Years Old
I wish could see "Caraphernelia" live with Jeremy.
01:29 PM on 09/03/13 
User Info.
Mister Lyrical
Forging Clarity
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
Jeremy McKinnon just posted on Instagram "What do you guys wanna see us play on The House Party Tour. Let us know!"

http://instagram.com/p/dz0YMdvqkt/

I feel like playing Monument on their first arena tour is just something that has to be done.
01:33 PM on 09/03/13 
User Info.
Jonny Sniper
No Avatar Selected
North Carolina
Male - 23 Years Old
1958 would be great on this tour. I feel like this tour is meant for the fans that have been around forever. That song is a huge favorite. You Had Me At Hello would also be a great acoustic option for an encore.
01:44 PM on 09/03/13 
User Info.
Mister Lyrical
Forging Clarity
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
1958 would be great on this tour. I feel like this tour is meant for the fans that have been around forever. That song is a huge favorite. You Had Me At Hello would also be a great acoustic option for an encore.

They mentioned in an interview once with ap.net like two years ago how they all hate playing 1958 with a passion. I'd love to see it happen though. You Had Me At Hello would be cool from a nostalgic perspective, that was my high school sweetheart and I's song. I wouldn't cry about it though especially because I don't think they've ever played it live, even on that acoustic show they did.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos