AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

07:23 PM on 09/26/13 
User Info.
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
Probably to let Jeremy rest his voice a bit and to catch his breath. Yes, he's still singing but not screaming
07:43 PM on 09/27/13 
User Info.
hrleyquinn13
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
Victory is preparing to sue adtr again to stop the release of common courtesy. Their lawsuit hasn't finished yet, so they are gonna argue that adtr can't release it. Should be an interesting few weeks.
09:47 PM on 09/27/13 
User Info.
PerfectChaos337
Victory is preparing to sue adtr again to stop the release of common courtesy. Their lawsuit hasn't finished yet, so they are gonna argue that adtr can't release it. Should be an interesting few weeks.

How likely do you think it is that ADTR will just leak it before/on the 8th? Doubtful, right? I'm sort of hoping they do, but it looks like way too complex of a scenario, business-wise, for them to do that. Seems like ADTR still wants to make at least some money on this record. If they're confident they can release it, it's pointless to leak it, and if they lose their lawsuit, they might just want to hold on to it for a proper Victory(?) release. Just sort of wonder if you may know of them planing to take an any-means-necessary type of approach. I'm stoked to hear this and it's a bummer that it might get delayed yet again.

Any idea what's up with the original lawsuit? ADTR said they'll know on the 2nd if they can release the record, but what does that even mean? Think Victory will be able to get all of their affairs in order to sue them before the 8th?
08:46 AM on 09/28/13 
User Info.
Mister Lyrical
Forging Clarity
Philly / Boston
Male - 21 Years Old
Just moved to Boston from Jersey but I already bought tickets to Trenton. Think I'm gonna go to the Massachusetts date too since there's a chance I might miss TWY in Jersey, plus if Common Courtesy is out by then, It'd be cool to see them the day the record comes out.
10:38 AM on 09/28/13 
User Info.
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
Male - 27 Years Old
How likely do you think it is that ADTR will just leak it before/on the 8th? Doubtful, right? I'm sort of hoping they do, but it looks like way too complex of a scenario, business-wise, for them to do that. Seems like ADTR still wants to make at least some money on this record. If they're confident they can release it, it's pointless to leak it, and if they lose their lawsuit, they might just want to hold on to it for a proper Victory(?) release. Just sort of wonder if you may know of them planing to take an any-means-necessary type of approach. I'm stoked to hear this and it's a bummer that it might get delayed yet again.

Any idea what's up with the original lawsuit? ADTR said they'll know on the 2nd if they can release the record, but what does that even mean? Think Victory will be able to get all of their affairs in order to sue them before the 8th?

The court will be hearing and possibly ruling on Victory's motion for a preliminary injunction on Oct. 2.
11:26 AM on 09/28/13 
User Info.
hrleyquinn13
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
The court will be hearing and possibly ruling on Victory's motion for a preliminary injunction on Oct. 2.
so no one will know until less than a week before if the album is coming out...according to AP the band were planning on releasing it labeless
12:14 PM on 09/28/13 
User Info.
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
Male - 27 Years Old
so no one will know until less than a week before if the album is coming out...according to AP the band were planning on releasing it labeless

If I had to guess, I'd say it's not coming out on the 8th. But who knows. There's another interview with them (and an interview with Victory's lawyer) in the new issue of AP with Panic! at the Disco on the cover where they touch on this.
01:47 PM on 09/28/13 
User Info.
hrleyquinn13
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
If I had to guess, I'd say it's not coming out on the 8th. But who knows. There's another interview with them (and an interview with Victory's lawyer) in the new issue of AP with Panic! at the Disco on the cover where they touch on this.
I went and read that article after you said that and that shit about them pulling all their stuff from hot topic just so victory wouldn't make anymore money off of them was pretty interesting. I don't know who's side I am on...i mean victory blows and has dicked over so many bands. But, a contract is a contract and re releases don't count as albums. At the same time victory not offering a buyout is fucked up too. If they don't want to be on victory anymore then offer them a way out.
04:30 PM on 09/28/13 
User Info.
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
Cleveland, OH
Male - 21 Years Old
The whole situation is so fucked. I feel really bad for the band I can't imagine being in such a tight bind and not being able to release a record that you've been working so hard on.

Really interested to see what happens though
06:28 PM on 09/28/13 
User Info.
PerfectChaos337
At first I was kind of along for the ride because I have a total fascination with the business side of music, but at the same time, I know this record will rule and it's getting to the point where I really just want to hear this thing already. This whole scenario is such a bummer.
10:47 PM on 09/28/13 
User Info.
tub and rug
I found a spark in the normal.
ADTR is arguably the biggest band in the scene. It would be a shame if this Victory lawsuit changed that.
08:20 AM on 09/29/13 
User Info.
shrathecat
St. Louis, MO
Female
I remember one of the first things I learned in my music business classes in college was never sign a contract that's more than three(four at most) albums. It's shitty as a label for Victory to get these bands into that kind of a contract but if I was ADTR I'd also be pissed at whoever advised them that it would be a good idea to sign a 5 album contract in the first place. I think all parties have made their mistakes at certain points, hopefully everything will get cleared up soon and everyone can just move on.

Anyways, my date is this Thursday and I'm pretty excited about this show!
08:25 AM on 09/29/13 
User Info.
Mister Lyrical
Forging Clarity
Philly / Boston
Male - 21 Years Old
Somebody took a video of the VIP Q&A session, they mentioned after this tour they're in talks to do a small venue tour.
08:27 AM on 09/29/13 
User Info.
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
Downers Grove, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
Well when you are 21-22 years old and an established record label comes to your as-of-then unknown band and offers you a deal it was probably pretty hard to pass up. There is no way they ever thought they would be playing arenas about 7 years after signing to victory
01:53 PM on 09/29/13 
User Info.
himynameisdk
Tampa, FL
Male - 21 Years Old
I may have missed this in the previous pages, but has anyone posted pictures of ADTR's merch?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos